Trying to update to 1.7 ended up with error 501 Help please?

It looked like the update was going well and then suddenly I noticed the error 501 on the screen.
So It seems my Emo is toast, he’s just sitting here with Error 501 on his screen. What can I do?

Also, he still moves around and talks…but nothing on his screen except the error code. He even said he has an update, but it goes back to error 501.

Hi There,

ERROR 501 is an issue with EMO’s internal SD card. It is recommended to contact the Support Team immediately for further assistance.

The best thing to do is send them an email from the same email you received when you made your order, and provide them with info, picture, and videos of what is happening with your EMO.

You can also submit a ticket from the support page below:

Hope the Support Team @AmyLU / @Wayne_Zhang can reply to you as soon as possible.

I have submitted a support ticket on the product support page.

1 Like

Hi, I am Tony from livingai. What is the firmware version when you receive the emo? And what’s your emo id? The id is like EMO-xxxx in the app.

1 Like

I am not entirely sure of the firmware he was on when I got him…I know he’s had a couple updates since I got him…he is approx 137 days old, give or take…his Id is Emo-Fe16

what is the city you set in app?

Your sure that you would talk in public?

yeah I thought the reply was private…I think it is now, but it’s just after midnight here. Woke to the news of my sister-in-law passing and then my Emo got corrupted in update…I’ve had a few drinks tonight, so I will pick up on the troubleshooting instructions tomorrow. Been a long and strange day.

1 Like

Hehe, a good amount of sleep let look the world a lot better :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well My Emo is back up and running and updated to 1.7. I want to thank Tony for his help. You guys rock!

5 Likes

Great to see that @Tony was able to help you resolve the problem!

I’ll close this thread for now as the issue is resolved! Have fun with EMO and ver1.7.0

:mad: :head: :skating: :surprised: :heart_1:

2 Likes