Toys for EMO to play with

Hey, is Living.ai able to make a toy for EMO to push/kick around like a Ball or a Cube?

15 Likes

…YES! I second that…that would be also nice if he can have something to play alone …not just boring and walking around doing nothing…and that might be a colored or lighted ball?

have a nice and safe day to all
:heart_2:

10 Likes

I third that hehe! It doesn’t need to be a cube to not copy you know who, but could be a ball or something :star_1:

6 Likes

That would be a great idea :bulb:! Love for EMO to have a little ball to play with. :heart_2:

3 Likes

Emo lives on desktops, so if he has a ball. He will kick it off the table again and again, so maybe ball isn’t that best toy for him.

1 Like

I don’t know if someone suggested this yet, but I would love for him to have a toy like maybe a ball to kick around!

Yes. That’s very true but if you’re trying to interact… I don’t really think that’s a big deal? You’re playing a game of fetch with little EMO! :v::grin:

1 Like

Agreed , once emo is able to recognize objects other than faces that would be really cool, maybe if its a ball it could be a motorized ball that also will not fall off the table , something like this ball but obviously simpler and smaller ,. maybe a few leds and sensors to keep it on the table and interacting with emo Amazon.com: Sphero BOLT: App-Enabled Robot Ball with Programmable Sensors + LED Matrix, Infrared & Compass - STEM Educational Toy for Kids - Learn JavaScript, Scratch & Swift: Toys & Games

2 Likes

Oh yeah I really like that idea very cool! A motorized ball maybe something perhaps with Bluetooth and you could use the app to control would be wicked awesome!!! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Since we’re wishing, it would be fun if two EMO’s could play together, each trying to push the ball to their own goal. It should be possible to mount some outreached arms temporarily in place of his earphones, so he can push a ball ahead of him without it rolling off to the side? Those earphone power connections make me wonder too if they’d ever considered making earphones which changed colors similar to his light? There probably isn’t too much extra power supplied there but maybe mechanized arms could be attached which used their own battery power. Then there is the problem to consider of making him too top heavy and unstable. Oh well, there are still possibilities for users or third-parties to come up with ideas for new add-ons if Living-AI doesn’t.

Macfixer01

1 Like

@fearlessgeek ,
Yes something like the Sphero, or even just a simple remote controlled ball the user can operate and move around. When it stops then EMO could recognize it and chase after it. Once they tweak EMO’s code to spot and avoid obstacles, then some obstacles he has to go around could be added to improve the game. Of course once he can recognize obstacles they could even do something more complex like have a game where EMO finds his own way through a simple maze? Yes I know, I’m probably hoping for way too much from the folks at LAI.

Macfixer01

3 Likes

How about a pyramid or a pentagon?

I’ve got a 5-month old kitten to play with EMO. Just waiting to introduce her to him when he arrives ^^

3 Likes

I was also thinking about this, it would be cool if EMO could solve a simple maze by walking through it. Or if it could recognize cards (images and English text) from the storytelling card game Once Upon A Time or images from the Rory’s Story Cubes dice, so you could try and create new stories together with EMO. But that kind of creative association also might be asking to much of the programmers at Living AI that is.

2 Likes