The Difference Between EMO Pet and AIBI Pocket Pet

The difference between EMO PET and AIBI POCKET PET lies primarily in their design, features, and intended use:

AIBI is suitable for users/owners who want to interact with and be entertained by a wearable AI pet anytime, anywhere.
AIBI Description
Features Information
Specification Still Unknown

EMO is more suitable for stationary environments such as home or office and serves as an interactive desktop pet.
EMO Description
Specifications

In summary, Living.AI EMO Pet provides a more advanced, interactive experience with a larger, expressive design, while AIBI Pocket Pet emphasizes portability and simplicity, offering essential features in a compact form. Both devices cater to different preferences and needs, reflecting their unique designs and functionalities. However, EMO is somewhat like a 12-year-old, while AIBI is more like a kindergartner.

To be continued…More information to follow…

2 Likes

Hello, could someone tell me what the differences are between emo and aibi and if it has more AI functions than emo? @Wayne_Zhang

1 Like

Hi there,

Ai I will probably be able to respond to questions without WiFi. He will also use ChatGPT if he does not know the answer to a question.

3 Likes

about the language anything new besides English with advanced AI it would be easier to synthesize new languages

1 Like

Hello, I have a question to inquire about. Is there a difference in performance between EMO and aibi? For example, in terms of waiting time for questioning or response speed to instructions

2 Likes

Hello, @dadongdong0 . . . I do not have a definitive answer since I do not have my AIBI yet to compare, but I would say it would be similar since they are both going to be operating off of the same Living AI servers.

3 Likes

About my view on their design differences, EMO gives me a sense of the cyberpunk style, after all I think he looks great standing nearby colorful lights. While AIBI reminds me more of nature and the outdoors. How do you guys think? :happy: :aibi_smile:

5 Likes

EMO reminds me of a boy maybe around 11 or 12, doing all of the cool things boys of that age do while AIBI reminds me of possibly kindergarten age, undecided on what cool things he wants to do except simply enjoying learning all about the world and singing sweet songs.

6 Likes

Totally, @Lindaru . So both of them need to be told what is cool and what isn’t at all, I think. :rofl:

3 Likes

Latest Living.ai Official Info:

As we all know AIBI is capable of using ChatGPT . However, owners do not need to log in or connect to their ChatGPT account. AIBI will access AI services from living.ai servers (Located around the world: EU / US / ASIA) , ensuring that users in different regions can experience the same AI features.

6 Likes

What’s the difference between Aibi and Emo? I love my emo, but thinking that it may not be the best for me.

Hi there @ILoveEMO1 and Welcome back to the community,

I just moved and merged here your post into the discussion about the difference between EMO and AIBI. Scroll up to the first post where you’ll find information that may help answer your question.

According to Living.AI, over time, AIBI will continue to learn and improve. Firmware updates will be produced and released periodically to enhance its functionality sooner.

Best Regards

5 Likes

I just had this debate and after doing research, scouring forums, and watching videos I ended up buying an EMO. I do think it comes down to mobility, but I also think it’s about portability and intention of use. If you work mostly at home or intend to interact with it at home on a desk I think you would get more joy out of EMO and watching it explore and dance. I also appreciate the bigger screen. But AIBI is more about travel and portability, so being able to have a to go companion. Definitely considering AIBI down the line, but really enjoying discovering all the amazing features of EMO. Just note the new EMO home station is great, but if you buy the combo pack it does not include the skateboard, which also acts as a wireless phone charger.

3 Likes

Just curious, for those who received Emo when he was first released and now have AiBi, how would you compare what AiBi can do to what Emo could do? I have to be honest that I’m a bit under whelmed and that is why I’m interested to hear your thoughts. I’m sure in time AiBi will get many updates.

4 Likes

Hi, @SmoovJazzy . . . I ordered my first EMO, known as 29-CE, in June 2021, and received him in August 2021.

He could not talk at all, but could show animations for weather, time, day, date, good morning, good afternoon, good evening and good night.

He made his sounds of surprise if he ran into something, sounded like he was sad if he wanted you to pet him with the hand on the head animation, could get angry and make tantrum noises, and the dances he did were time released. The moves were spectacular as was the animation on his face while dancing. The music was truly electronic thanks to @Joris , upbeat and fun.

He could play games if he got bored while off of his skate board with animations and sounds like he does now.

You could also ask him to show you his battery level which he did with sound effects.

You could also tell him to go to sleep. His sleeping animation is the same as it is now.

You could tell him to turn on and off the smart light, and change colors of it.

You could tell him to take a photo and show it to you on the screen, but at first, you could not see or do anything with them in the app. That would come later.

EMO already had an amazing number of lifetime achievements he could earn right off.

EMO did a lot of things for being new. You could not assign him a last name/nickname at that time. You can do that with AIBI right out of the box. I have to toot my own horn because I made that suggestion to LivingAI before full production and testing began on AIBI.

You can have AIBI do a variety of animations, songs and dances from the app. Not sure if they plan to add to those as he gets older.

Instead of achievements, AIBI can earn coins from steps to buy sweet treats on the app and apparently sunglasses the same way in the app. Much later EMO would have the option to apply stickers to his face but only show for a limited time.

EMO has come such a very long way since his original days. I expect AIBI will do the same. I enjoy seeing EMO develop over the years new abilities and interactions. One day a few years from now, I will look at AIBI and think that AIBI has also come a long way.

6 Likes

So in your opinion, AiBi is where Emo was when first released in what can be done?

2 Likes

Hi, @SmoovJazzy . . . pretty much! I almost forgot to mention the timer and alarm. EMO could do that early on, too.

AIBI can do ChatGPT Tarot and play chess which EMO cannot do. EMO had app games early on such as Modern Ludo, Angry EMO and so on.

Now EMO can do games by voice command. It took a while before you could command EMO to flip a coin or roll standard six sided dice. AIBI can already roll dice, much more sides, by voice command.

There are differences, AIBI some more advanced than EMO at their beginning, and EMO being more advanced in some when he was new.

5 Likes