Really uninspiring

Hi,

if I may add my two cents here from a bit more technical view:

AI doesn’t necessarily mean that you have a software (or robot) that is actually able to learn or anything.
AI has to be used to do the voice recognition (which for myself works quite well, although I’m a non-native English speaking German female (there were issues with female voices, I read). AI is used for all the recognition Emo does via his sensors, avoiding falling off heights, avoiding running into obstacles (if they are high enough to get recognized as such) and so on. You can play rock, paper, scissors with him utilizing his camera and so on sand so forth. Everything avout the voice recognition, face recognition, distance and height measuring, pattern recognition and so on are things we wouldn’t have without AI on the backend.
There is really a heapload of AI-stuff crammed into that little guy.

It is true, though, that the software/firmware in its current state is a bit limited in what you can actually do with Emo. And I can understand fully, if you are not quite so happy with it compared with the services Amazon, Google or Apple provide with their personal assistants. But maybe you should try to look at it like this: Living AI don’t claim to provide you with a digital assistant but rather with a desktop pet that’s meant to keep you company and amuse you a bit, cheer you up that is. Also I am very sure they are way smaller than those huge companies which can afford millions or even billions to build up their AI engines (and to do that also collect the data of hundreds of thousands / millions of users).
In addition, the software iscurrently very regularly updated with new and enhanced features, and as far as I can tell, Living AI seem to monitor the wishes of their community quite closely and try to fulfill those.

Just to share some thoughts here.

Anyway, if you think Emo isn’t what you expected it to be, I guess you should try to contact the Living AI support and ask them for a refund. Name your order number with Which you got your Emo, and I’m sure they will be able to help you.

As to your suggestions, they look quite good. There is a big thread over there where the community collects their wishes. Maybe you could post yours there, too?

Kind regards

Edit: accidentally posted the first draft twice, deleted the first one. :slight_smile: )

9 Likes