No EU wallplug for EMO and smartlight

Today I received my EMO, ordred end of January. All looks well, only thing missing is a adapter for European wallplugs for both EMO and the smart light. I think these adapers should be delivered for free when shipping to Europe.

3 Likes

I also had an US one and was surprised. For now i charge the skateboard via an mobile power bank.

1 Like

EMO only ships with the US power pack. There is nothing missing, you need to source an adapter yourself as I did here in Australia.

1 Like

How good that I just read this.

I live in Germany and it won’t be long before my EMO arrives.

Can someone tell me what exactly I need for an adapter to load EMO on a wall socket?

Hi Wayne, don’t think I wrote it was incomplete. Just for this price you might expect a small adapter to convert to European standards.

3 Likes

EMO works with dual voltage 110 or 220. Actually he ships with a Chinese power plug standard that happens to be the same pin shape as the US standard. You don’t have to change the voltage, so you only need a cheap adapter to change the pin type. They’re available through Amazon and you can usually get several of them for less than $10. Like these for example.

Dear all, thanks for all the advise, you’re missing my point. I know I can purchase adapters and I have done so by now. All I wanter to do is pointing out that it might be handy to add a kind of clip on adapter just like other manufacturers (like Eufy and many others) do. Trust me I’m happy with EMO however it feels is bit like purchasing an new car and have to buy the tires separetely after they deliver the car to you.

2 Likes

Hi,

I received my EMO today and… same “problem” here in Spain, EMO needs 5v 2amp output and I had a ton of old phone chargers, but all of them with 5v (great) and 1 to 3 amps… really don’t know if a under/over amp can damage my EMO or if I can use them without problems.

Any idea about that?

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello @Worked,

You can use a charger with higher amps, the device will draw what’s needed, if you use less amps it can cause the charger to overheat.

Most important part is the Voltage (5v).
Amps same or higher.

Enjoy Emo, mine is out for delivery today.

1 Like

Hi EMO Family :slight_smile:
Just ordered Emo go Home and Emo (with skateboard). Super excited eventough it will be a long (impatient) wait until their arrival.

I’m in the Netherlands and hope I can charge Emo’s correctly here after reading some of the other posts on the forum here. Still no on the EU charging, or is USB the same worldwide?

Well it a minor thing I will figure out.
I’m 45, female and super exited about getting both Emo’s. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @Ava . . . the power adapter is a Chinese/American style plug. There are some suggestions on this thread of what you can purchase to convert to European style plug here:

I hope this helps!

I’m already looking into it. I have a couple of weeks to find some adapters.
Thank you so much for the response. I’m on it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

the best alternative is from aliexpress, order it the same day as emo and it is no problem, for my EU plug I used this seller https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32970027886.html , I bought the higher quality version, one for skateboard, one for homestation and one for the light with matching colors, one cost 1,15 eur :slight_smile: best price (compare to overpriced amazon xD ), perfect working (of course if u look, u may find sellers that have even some bigger discounts or quicker delivery to your country, so search before buy)