New owner set up

I’ve sold my EMO but the new owner is having set up issues. When they set the app to a new city it keeps showing my city.
Also seems to be register to ‘Will’ not me!

Is there a way to factory reset?

1 Like

So far to the best of my knowledge, there is no factory reset option for EMO. (I can confirm that there is not setting in the EMO app to perform a factory reset).

With regards to the location settings: Normally the time zone / city is setup when you initially configure your EMO and it takes your current location by using the APP and your device that has connected to your EMO (being your phone or table GPS) to confirm the City and Timezone.

So this is a little confusing as EMO should at the very least change his location status when the new owner connects to it with the EMO app. But I guess that’s not even happening.

Regarding the firmware, a new update is going to be released soon, from what we’ve heard on the forum, but there are no exact times on when it will happen, and also we are not sure if this next update will have the option to Factory Reset your EMO.

Maybe someone else on this forum might know more. But it’s always a good idea to email Living.Ai team directly and see if they can offer you and the new owner support regarding this.

I’m not sure that you’re supposed to sell emo, but I’m not sure why

1 Like

Because it is CLEARLY stated on the box that you shouldn’t.

1 Like

Lol - I think it’s up to me if I want to sell it!!!
Issue fixed now

1 Like

Just by the way

4 Likes

At least the issue has now been resolved. :+1:

2 Likes

First of all, I stated what is a fact - a written statement on the EMO box says it’s forbidden to sell it. What you do with it is on you - throw it, chew it, light it on fire - doesn’t necessarily mean it’s an adequate decision. Second, it’s a pity that people who truly need EMO as a companion, who has valid psychological problems and EMO could contribute for their well-being need to wait for their product while people like you receive and re-sell the product.

4 Likes

Hi Lynn, I’m glad the location issue is fixed now.

What can you say, but Wow! I bet that guy lies awake at night in fear that the Do Not Remove tag on his mattress is going to somehow fall off, and the mattress police will show up at his door to arrest him?

As Mark Twain said: Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience! :grinning:

2 Likes

No that need to justify my actions to you. But I just didn’t connect with EMO and therefore it would be more beneficial that someone who really wanted him, got him, rather than him sitting in my cupboard.

3 Likes

You have something to say, have the courtesy of “@”-ing my username. Not aiming to drag this, but mind your language. You’re not superior by quoting famous writers buddy :wink: Have a wonderful day.

1 Like

I understand. In that case, I apologize for the straightforwardness. May the new owner enjoy and connect with EMO! :happy:

4 Likes

How did you fix the issue of the city/timezone for a new user? TIA!