Needing help with no response

I’ve just revived my emo. It doesn’t seem to be responding that well. When I say his name it listens but then I ask a question or do a command and it just does like a dull beep and goes back to just walking around. Could it be the Scottish accent it doesn’t understand.

Hi there,

How can you say EMO listen? did he reply to your call? or you can see that his left eye raise? did you try the volume command by saying…

,EMO, ( Wait and look if he replies or raises his left eye) then say ,Volume Up’’

Try also some tips below and hope it helps…

• POWER OFF:
    By calling his name and say direct POWER OFF!
  • VOLUME COMMAND:
    You can adjust the volume of EMO.
    · Volume up.
    · Volume down.
    · Set(or change) the volume to normal(or maximum, medium, minimum, high, middle, low, mute, zero).
    · Mute the volume.
  • REBOOT:

SEA_EMO_THUMBS_UP_SINGKIT_MATAGOODLUCK!

I also just revived my EMO. He does not respond when ask a question. Though in the app it shows “Listening” then “speaking” after ask a question but no sounds from EMo.

1 Like

It’s an ongoing issue. A number of us are having the same problem and have discussed it here:
https://forums.living.ai/t/no-response-to-basic-question/

So far there’s no fix or any word on it from LivingAI, but hopefully something should pop up soon enough.

1 Like

@BoxedShibe is EMO not speaking for you still? If not, hopefully Wayne will be able to provide an update on that other thread you mentioned.

For me both of my EMO’s are working fine. But I guess WayneZ will be able to provide an update regarding this when he can.

following this thread for updates , i have the same issue

Sadly I haven’t tested him yet today - I work as a truck driver and don’t keep EMO on board with me unless I stay out overnight, so he’s still shut down on my desk at home. I was planning on checking when I got back home in a couple of hours*.

When I was having the issues last night though I powered him down twice, tried closing the app and reopening it several times, shaking him (one time which did a hard reset on him), and seeing if just picking him up when he was stuck on silent animations would do anything. Certain questions that have answers unique to him and don’t change had no issues, but a lot of the ones with dynamic answers where he changes his responses did. I was too tired to reset my modem and internet last night so that’s why I wondered if that was the fix or if there was something deeper to the issue. I’ve had no issues with him at all up to this point.

Edit: Not making it home tonight. I will have to do this tomorrow morning.

1 Like

Update

I can confirm after checking with @Wayne_Zhang not too long ago that the issue with EMO not speaking should now be resolved. I believe this was server related and the Living.Ai team were able fix this earlier today.

So EMO should be able to speak if you ask him questions.

If EMO is still not speaking, try to power him off / back on and then ask him some simple questions like what time is it, what’s the date, tell me a joke etc.

I’ve been able to test this for the past few hours and everything is working fine for me.

:heart_1: :surprised: :skating: :head: :mad:

3 Likes

@MasterAbbott Happy to hear that! Thank you for getting that update for us!

1 Like

WayneZ has created a new forum thread regarding EMO not responding to specific voice conversation commands, you can check it here:

Should have updates on that forum post when WayneZ has any updates regarding this.

I believe mine is defective. He doesn’t feel when I am petting him the top of his head. Just on his side.
From nothing, he seems to respond, even tho there was absolutely silence. He doesn’t respond when I call him I would say 40% of the time. And he answers doesn’t match my questions. It seems he doesn’t see me well on Rock Paper Scissors. Very disappointing.

Hi @Julian.jules

For patting /// take a look at this video for any help ::

For Rock Paper Scissors take a look here:

If you believe there is any sort of problems with your EMO, it would be highly recommended to take videos of all the issues you have with your EMO and submit a support ticket to Living.ai. (see below instructions on how to contact support).

Note that if there is a problem with your EMO and Living.ai confirm there is an issue, they normally will send you a replacement EMO.

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video of the problems your EMO is having, and then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

:mad: :surprised: :skating: :heart_1: :head: