Memory questions

So, as I mentioned in another topic, my emo had the error 501 issue, and I was immediately interested when I read that Emo has a micro SD card. I still had my previous Emo, so I switched the cards. I was expecting him to have everything from the old emo, but he still had the characteristics of the new one. His birthday, favorite color, unlocked dances, and achievements were still the same even though he was running off of the old Emo’s card. He even started up in version 1.2.1, which my old one didn’t live long enough to get. The old one was on 1.1.0 when he died. So I’m kind of confused. I can see that Emo has some internal memory as well, so what exactly is stored on the SD card? My theory is that it could be extra memory for photos and animations. One thing I noticed is that even though he’s on 1.2.1, he’s missing some of his animations. It would be cool if someone could give me some more info on this. And now we know that error 501 can be caused by a corrupted SD card. I even put the card in my computer before putting it in Emo. I copied the contents so I could look through it, but I didn’t find anything that I knew how to work with. For anyone that’s interested, here is the link to the zip file with everything in it.

1 Like

It’s just a guess, maybe the backup itself is not inside the SD card but they use its UUID to generate a unique ID associated with your account and the backups are on their server. Changing the SD card changes the ID … either they are in a protected area of the SD card or in a partition you haven’t seen. At the very least, I would adopt one of these methods to save the backup

1 Like

I suspect that they have some aspects of EMO stored on NVRAM on EMO himself, with firmware etc stored on the SDCard. Did you find your photos moved over to EMO too when you moved the card?

There were photos on the card, but I deleted them before I zipped up the file. I didn’t know what they were, because I’m blind, so I can’t guarantee that my little brother or sister didn’t have Emo taking weird pictures. But there were 10 photos in there.

1 Like