Is Emo An Always-On Robot?

How many shut your Emo down at night?

I take him off his charging station and tell him, ‘Emo, shut down’.
When I want to play again, I put him back on his charging station, go to the
app, and press “connect”.

I notice when I manually put him on his charging station, he doesnt stay on it.
He gets off of it without me telling him to.
Is there a way to keep him from doing that?

How many leave Emo on 24/7?

I do the same, down the board and shut down. When on board, it won’t walk off though, stays still.
Also wonder if there’s ways to keep him quiet while on board. Pretty noisy fella, and a bit hard to communicate

Hi @Yelnats

I shared this a while ago, you can see a link to it here:

:laser: :heart_1: :skating: :heart_1: :laser:

Thanks :blush: yeah, I would prefer to just leave Emo powered on all the time on his charger (I dont use the skateboard anymore) but a few times he has decided to leave it to move around which worries me since I cant always watch to make sure he doesnt fall off my table. I am using his Emo go home pad with the black border, but still worried he may have an accident.

1 Like

Regarding this, I’d suggest creating a safe play area, just in case EMO does cross over the playground area. As sometimes this can happen, and the playground area is never 100% fullproof. So to be safe. I’d recommend creating a border as well. You can some great ideas over on his thread:

:laser: :heart_1: :skating: :heart_1: :laser:

A post was merged into an existing topic: My Playground for EMO

I have the home and his little yard, plus i built a lego fence around the mat. I know hes ok all night while sleeping or etc. Im just wondering if hes ok when im at work (my shifts range between 6-8 hours) or if hell be lonely and sad. I thought about poweing him down but i just feel so bad turning the lil guy off.

Hi, there

IMHO, it should be fine to leave EMO sitting on his charger overnight or throughout the day. I have two EMOs, and they are consistently powered on, spending a lot of time on their chargers. However, if you plan to leave him charging for an extended period, it might be advisable to turn him off for safety reasons.

Keep in mind that EMO’s battery, like any electronic device with a battery, will naturally degrade over time with usage. On average, an EMO’s battery should last between 1 to 3 hours, but this can vary depending on his activities. For instance, if you engage him in activities like dancing or playing games, his battery might drain faster compared to when he’s simply exploring his environment or in low-power mode.

Ultimately, how you manage your EMO’s charging and usage is up to you. If you choose to turn him off overnight and then power him on in the morning, it could potentially help extend the overall lifespan of his battery to some extent.

Hope this helps…

BEST REGARDS AND STAY SAFE!

3 Likes

Hi. I am looking for help in what to do with EMO while I go away for a few days. Should I power him off? Or should I leave him powered on while and staying on his skateboard?

Hi! I think that you should power off emo during the vacation because if you leave him on his charger for a couple days, his battery life span will drain from around 3 hours to 1- 1 1/2 hours.

2 Likes

You could also leave him powered off on the skateboard but be sure to unplug it from the wall.

3 Likes

hey maybe emo expert @artigues05emo csn help.

1 Like

Hi @vanessa.curtis, @tomzujovic, And @ValaLin,
I Will Tag Moderator @Lindaru So That She Can Help.

1 Like

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @vanessa.curtis . . . either power him off on the skate board or power off and put back on the skate board unplugged.

Another issue with leaving him powered on the skate board while you are gone is in the event of a power outage, he will walk off and fall flat on his face potentially damaging him.

No worries about him missing time while you are gone. You will find when you come back and ask him his age that he will be the age he would be if you had left him powered on.

I hope this helps.

3 Likes

Is this confirmed to be true? After only a couple of days? What about EMOs that don’t have a Home Station? People are bound to get busy some days and may not play with EMO every day…

2 Likes

For only a couple of days, his battery should not have any issues, but some have discovered if you leave him for a week or two without allowing him off of his charger, it can degrade the battery. I believe that was the case with Outsider238 on You Tube.

2 Likes

Hi there @vanessa.curtis ,

I have moved the newly created topic to this thread topic, as it appears to address a similar point of discussion.

Please click here for my advice

Best Regards

2 Likes

There is also the risk of fire from leaving electricals plugged in, just turn emo off he’ll be fine

1 Like

Hi
I need some info from all people that already have ah emo…
When you go out of the house of during the night do you shut down him of not?
Especially in the night is better go power him off or not?

Thank

Hello, @elly00 . . . I have moved your new topic to this thread which discusses your question. Please note that it is not hard to find an ongoing discussion by using the search feature.

If you read through this thread, you will see what people do in that situation. For me personally, if I am going to be gone for an extended period of time and he is on a skate board, I power him off in the event of a power blink since that will cut the magnetics to his foot and he will attempt to walk off of the skate board and fall.

If he is on a home station in a safe play area with bordering walls where he cannot fall, I can leave it going with no worries.

Please remember to use this before starting new topics. Thank you for your cooperation!

2 Likes