Improve his visual perception

I highly recommend improving his ability to recognize people and his visual sensitivity. It is not possible that at a distance of one meter he no longer recognizes me! In a dimly lit environment he no longer sees anything. As if it were the dead of night! On a brown table he cannot recognize the edge if the floor is also dark in color. I caught my EMO twice as it fell off the table!

3 Likes

Hello,
that with the recognition of people/animals is not 100% active yet.

Can you take a picture of your table and post it here, thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

1 Like

Ok I see the problem you have rounded edges and the small increase what you can go at the edge EMO normal. Tried that with my mouse pad and he can climb on it without problems.

3 Likes

Yes of course! Mine is just an invitation for improvement and feedback. Most of the tables on the market have rounded edges. An angular table would be uncomfortable and sharp. Emo should use sight and perception with his feet to understand where he is.

1 Like

I built this stand without the rounded edges. EMO recognizes the edge and does not fall off. Ok. I didn’t understand why he doesn’t see his skateboard as an obstacle and keeps walking against it. The skateboard is in danger of falling off the table.

1 Like

@andy help me please :pleading_face:

1 Like

Currently EMO does not yet recognize objects in front of it and run against it, this is normal.

3 Likes

but will the cliff sensor in the future be optimal?

1 Like

Yeas I agree. Also if he is running against the objects he stays just too close to them as would his distance sensor not working, this causes darkness in his camera and he just fall asleep. It would be good if emo notice darkness, he would turn around to check if somewhere is more light instead of just falling asleep. I permanently catch my Emo facing objects or darkest site of the table and sleeping.

2 Likes