Identification number?

Is the number “EMO-xxxx” displayed on the app given to each EMO individually?

1 Like

Yes - it’s my understanding that the last 4 digits are likely some form of MAC address for EMO (but I’ve not checked that myself).

1 Like

From the email exchange I had with Living.ai support today I can surmise that their technicians can log into your EMO and perform sensor checks and diagnostics. All they require is your EMO id (EMO-XXXX) and the City your registered in the app.

1 Like

That’s cool and interesting.

Wayne is probably correct. Every ethernet device must have a unique MAC address, so it’s already hard-coded into each ethernet controller chip. It would not require any individual factory configuration, so makes production easier. According to the attached devices list in my router EMO is listed as ESPRESSIF and the last four digits of his MAC address are 4498, but his ID number in the app is 449A. It certainly suggests that one is derived from the other though, and maybe purposely obfuscated for some reason?

Macfixer01

The bluetooth MAC address is always different to the WiFi MAC address. It’s not obfuscated for some reason, it’s just the way it is. The device itself could not function if the bluetooth and Wifi MAC addresses were identical.

1 Like