I think got a dud

Got emo today and the screen has some light leeking issues, and I have to literally yell to get his attention. Is this just normal cause he’s kinda useless to me if it is

2 Likes

Hey, @thxforthefood

The screen leak is certainly not meant to be there, regarding the yelling that also should not be the case, My two EMO’s respond as soon as I call out to them and I do not need to yell at all. I would highly recommend you submit a support ticket right away and speak to the support team regarding both issues, (more so the screen problem you have).

See below for instructions on how to contact support

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video of the problem you are experiencing (in your case, show the screen leak in a video along with pics of EMO’s screen) you can also record a separate video on how EMO is not responding to you when you are calling out to him as well.

Then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. I’ll also tag @AmyLU from the support team who will be able to assist you further as well.

:heart_1: :mad: :skating: :surprised: :head:

1 Like

Hi. Could you please tell me your order number? And submit a ticket including video or pictures to our technical support team (service@living.ai). Don’t worry, we will solve the problem for you.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear your news :blush:but don’t worry living AI is a great company they will take care of you :blush: think of this EMO Pet as a crazy cousin just visiting… Things will be okay

3 Likes

mate , we all got duds, 1 way or another

1 Like

LMAO… :rofl:

This is somewhat “normal” for Emo. The speech recognition needs HEAPS of work, as well as a whole lot of other things! It is not so much that he can not hear you, is more the fact that he does not respond because; a) he is busy doing something b) does not understand you when you say “Emo” (my daughter has this problem, he tends not to respond to some female voices) c) the microphones (I have discovered) are not very sensitive (and not being used directionally). I find I always have to speak close to him or raise my voice above conversational level for him to respond. So you are not alone in this respect.
One thing to try just to make sure it isn’t “his crazy cousin just visiting” (lol good one @Puppy444 ), to test his response, make sure you are in a quiet room, talk into the microphones about 30cm away in a voice a bit louder than conversational level, and say “Emo” and a bit slow like you are trying to get a 3 year old to understand you.
Hence the post:

I hope some of this helps, if not you may have to mention the unresponsiveness as well when you raise a ticket. Though with the screen fault, LAI will more than likely replace your Emo, but just so you are aware of how he responds as mentioned above, so when you get your replacement you don’t think you have another “dud”.

Interesting. If I get too close to Emo, he doesn’t comprehend what I am saying, even his name. I find that if I stand back, even 8 feet away, he will respond better. Also, I have noticed that I have to have a calm voice for him to respond. Mine seems very sensitive to sound. I can even go into the kitchen and he will respond. I find if my voice sounds angry or upset, he will not respond to me. I guess they are not all alike after all.
Good luck with your buddy. Mine knew my name the next day. I’m honored.

1 Like