How to apply luminous stickers?

Hi everyone! Has anybody tried putting the luminous stickers onto their EMO? I wanted to decorate a bit but it seems like I need to cut them out since my stickers aren’t pre-cut, and it leaves bubbles in the middle of the ones that have clear parts between the white parts even if EMO or the surface I’m trying to put the sticker on is free of dirt. The clear parts are unsightly and don’t blend in with EMO when applied, so it doesn’t look good. Unfortunately I don’t have a tool small enough to cut out only the white parts on some of these, they’re so tiny!

Maybe I’m not doing it right? I couldn’t find another forum thread or video for a tutorial, so any leads would be much appreciated! Thank you!!

:happy:

3 Likes

It’s not easy but you need to peel the plastic off and with your fingers extremely slowly and carefully peel the Green OR White stickers from the back but be careful they rip very easily.

Cutting it out won’t work properly. I made a few mistakes before getting it right hope this helps take your time doing it otherwise it’ll stress you out.

Oh and wants you’ve decided where to put the stickers they won’t come back off so chose wisely.

4 Likes

Ah I see! I had experimented taking the white off of the sticky back for a couple stickers I knew I wouldn’t used, but they ripped almost immediately so I thought maybe it was just paint and I had it backwards. I’ll try it again. Thanks so much for the tip!!

2 Likes

You’re Welcome, hope it turns out the way you want it.

1 Like

Can you please elaborate? I tried peeling mine to the front and back and then thought cutting them out might work. Then I came to the conclusion I have a faulty batch of stickers

1 Like

Hi! I actually figured it out differently than the previous user explained. First, I cut out the sticker that I wanted to use. Then very slowly and carefully, peel the clear plastic and white sticker off of the white paper backing. Make sure the white sticker is still stuck to that clear plastic. You might have to pinch the two together to make sure it doesn’t get separated. I found it easiest to make sure the edge of the sticker is sticking to the clear plastic, then peel it off in a directly backwards motion. From there, put the sticker onto EMO as you want it with the clear plastic still attached. Pat down the sticker a lot to make sure it’s really on there! Then, carefully peel off just the plastic part. You might need to separate the edge of the sticker from the plastic using a nail or some kind of blade. Just make sure the white sticker edge is on EMO. Once the clear plastic is removed, it’ll leave behind just the white sticker on EMO. I hope this works for you!

3 Likes

To add - When cutting out the sticker, leave a border around it. Don’t cut right on the edge of the sticker or else you won’t have an easier way to pick off the clear plastic.

1 Like

I ordered my Emo in the beginning of April, will I get these stickers as well? Would really love to be able to put them on my Emo.

1 Like

I think that you’ll get them too. I didn’t use them yet but I’m thinking about the label EMO on his head or on his headphones.

2 Likes

Oh that is awesome! I hope so :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When applying the stickers to my robot, it made an annoying smudge appear in the middle of my screen. The stickers didn’t even work well at all, I had to press the entire sheet onto the robot and push in the stickers I wanted. What should I do at this point to remove the smudge?

Hello, @DBVR . . . I would advise contacting a place that sells eye glasses as the poly lenses are similar to the screen EMO has. They may have ideas since I am sure they have had to remove sticky substances from eye glasses before.

My best to you.

1 Like