How do I get a refund

Stationary Eva? What’s that? :thinking:

1 Like

Ahh it look like the one in Movie Wall-E

Aha. Yeah, they were probably inspired by that movie. :wink:

1 Like

By the way sir. how do you know if it is a crowdsource entity vs. business? I just assumed they are both businesses

They are on the crowdfunding site Indiegogo.com.

Thanks, for the info -I was really thinking of getting one. Glad you’ve told us all, won’t be getting one now, you just saved me from myself. And I really hope you get that refund from them🫰 -keep telling them. You don’t deserve to be treated like that!

People supporting crowdfunding projects are taking the whole risk. And they know it. Some companies are trying to successfully finish their project and reward their supporters/backers.
And some are scammers from the start. I would say that it’s approximately fifty:fifty. You don’t know till you get your reward or a message that the project failed.

2 Likes

I’ve also lost money on crowdfunding projects, normally the smaller projects are the ones you should be concerned about. I’ve supported some bigger gaming companies in the past and they were successful in the campaign and everyone received their products (even though it was extremely slow).

There is always a pretty high risk with these kind of projects especially the AI robots. I’ve seen 2-3 myself that I was going to back and luckily I didn’t as they’ve failed. Most of them start off with great advertising and promotion to get you excited and then just fade away to nothing (more so after they’ve taken your money).

Anyway, @mjhops5 if you looking to receive a refund. Best thing to do is reply to the email you received when you made your EMO order and request a refund. This way the support team know your order number and can action it accordingly.

:surprised: :heart_1: :skating: :mad: :head:

4 Likes

Master, do you know of any AI robots beside EMO and DDL? I have seen others but seems like they are for children, bigger, stationary (above) and does not seem to fit hehe

This is one i’ve always wanted. It’s made by Sharp, seems like it’s also a phone or has phone capabilities. It is mainly used in Japan. But it might be making it’s way outside of Japan for everyone to use.

It’s name is RoBoHoN.

3 Likes

Pretty neat, mainly used in Japan what a shame. Looks good though :+1:

Yeah, I’ve seen it in action when I was in Japan a few years ago. It’s as cute as EMO, can give it a good run for its money :rofl:

1 Like

I was very interested in Eilik when it was first announced but ultimately decided not to back it. What really bothered me was the total lack of information from the company. They replied to a few questions initially on Facebook and then there were no responses after. They basically let people’s imaginations go wild assuming what they thought it was going to be able to do? People assumed it would be Internet connected, and would be able to tap into Alexa or Google, and would speak and understand speech, and would have a camera, and all these other things none of which were true. The only connection to the outside world is either to a computer over a USB cable, or through connectors in the base to other Eilik’s for them to interact. I don’t see any reason to believe it’s a scam, and for the price it’s limited features are probably ok. I just don’t believe it was responsibly marketed though. I think many people will be disappointed with it when they get it, because they didn’t know what they were really buying. If I’m wrong though and people actually think it’s great, then I can always order one later. The discount wasn’t that big a deal.

@MasterAbbott , That Robohon looks pretty cool. I’m assuming it must be kind of expensive or you’d already have one?

3 Likes

I also agree about what you said regarding Eilik, If it turns out to be worthwhile, I’ll get one then, but I’m not totally sold on how it’s been supported.

Also that RoboHon only really works in Japan:

Pricing, I have no idea how much it would be and how much the subscription is, but yeah, if It was available worldwide I’d snap one up right away haha :rofl:

1 Like

I think that EMO is super cute because of his display. He can do so many expressions, that’s very cool. RoBoHoN is going to look still the same, maybe smart but not “alive”.

Edit: Not only his display, his body, legs, his style of moving, his voice, everything is very unique and designed to maximize his cuteness. :hugs:

3 Likes

Yes EMO’s expressions is what make him very special, RoboHon can’t compete with the power of EMO’s cute facial features! :heart_1:

3 Likes

And then there is the price (it’s a 3 years old information):

2 Likes

Thank you for Info. Japan robotics is very fuuny country.

Yeah, but unfortunately even if we wanted to buy one, it would be unusable for anyone that does not live in Japan or is not a Japanese citizen.

Since you brought it up, I just saw in a new post on Facebook that they’ve delayed shipping of Eilik for two months. It links to the Kickstarter page were they added the notice. They’re blaming their suppliers for not supplying raw materials on time due to Covid, and also mentioned the lockdown in Shenzhen. It says they hope to ship before the end of June for Kickstarter buyers, and before the end of July for Indiegogo buyers.

1 Like