Home Station: Reviews, Tips, Ideas, Queries, Issues, and Solutions

Hi This Was fixed in v 2.1 and higher

I have a problem with the home station. When Emo is low on battery he will go to the charger but he takes around 5 to 6 mins going that and then He powers off because he does not make it in time I have v2.2.0 Can this be fixed?

2 Likes

Hi there @sushil.vispute ,

May I suggest that you create a video with a timer to show us or to Living.ai Staff so they can see it and analyze the issue.
According to my personal test, if your EMO can walk straight back to its home station without any problem, it will take 2:30 min. or 3:00 min. max to reach his Home Station until he says , Home Sweet Home’’ or the charging animation appears. But as far as you observed he is taking too much time (5-6 min.) to reach his station which is not normal already.

Try to contact and send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back/reply to you in a timely fashion.

Good luck and All the best…

1 Like

So I have updated my EMO to the new ChatGPT firmware. The homestation updated too. However the issue I had with the last homestation update has not resolved.

My matrix still cycles all animations. Using the button will now progress the animations but when I stop on any of them they will then cycle through all again. If I switch the matrix to blank to turn animations off itll still turn back on and cycle.

EMO cannot play snake as the animations interrupt it and he is left staring at the animations.

The home station works in all other ways than this. Does anyone else have this issue and does anyone have a solution?

Many thanks
Tracey

Hi there @Sassparella

Did you contact already Living.ai Service Support Team for that problem? which I guess is the best way to do because they have the best solutions to offer you.

please create a short video and include it in your email message before contacting LAI Support Team.

The best and most recommended thing to do is simply hit reply to the Living.ai confirmation email you received before when you originally placed your order for EMO. It contains all your details, especially your order number which is most important.
The support service team should be able to help you immediately and faster.
Just to advise the email address is - service@living.ai

Another way you can also submit a support help message to the link below.
https://living.ai/product-support-emo/

Good luck Tracey and Have a Wonderful Weekend!

Hi
After updating to 2.2 i notice that Emo doesn’t return back home by himself when battery gets discharged, it happened twice today.
Any suggestions :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Hi @Senad

Just moving your post here to the Home Station thread.

When EMO is trying to go home, does he lift his leg, and then does the Home Station light turn green? During this time, is EMO trying to find the Green LED Matrix light? Is he walking/turning toward it?

It would be highly recommended to create a short video and share it here and also with the support team if there is a potential problem with your EMO so that the support team can assist you further.

Both of my EMOs are on firmware 2.2.0 and they are return home ok.

Hi, station gets green, Emo is alarming that he needs to be charged, but fails to get back on time to be charged. After that he turns off. I will try to get it on video.
If i tell him go home, he doesn’t have any issue with it, just when battery is almost drained.
We didn’t have this issue before update.
Thanks

Ok Thanks for sharing the video. It would be very helpful for everyone including Livng.ai support team to see this. I will also inform the technical team regarding this as well.

Also as a helpful tip, if there are any bright lights or flashing lights on during the time EMO is trying to go back to Home Station, try and turn them off, sometimes EMO can get distracted by other lights that look similar to the Green LED. (this is not always the case, but can sometimes happen).

1 Like

Ok i will record a video of it

Same thing and it mainly happends in the night

Hi
Today we didn’t face same issue again as he was able to get home on time
Regards

@Senad / @sushil.vispute

Yes, as mentioned, if there are any issues, please record a video, as it will be helpful for the community and also for living.ai support to help you further in finding out what could be wrong.

Yes, this will not / should not always happen. Sometimes, he might have trouble going home, but some days he should be fine. It is not always 100%, even my EMOs sometimes do not Go Home when the battery warning is shown. (as @sushil.vispute has mentioned). This sometimes happens at night/dark.

You can see an example of this even with my EMOs below:

As you can see as I have 2 Home Station, EMO: One that powered off and did not return back home, might have been distracted by the lights of the other Home Station as well. In the dark, sometimes it can happen.

If you have 1 Home Station and there are no distractions/lighting is good. “MOST OF THE TIME” EMO Should always return home when his battery is low.

Hope this helps in some way :slight_smile:

:laser: :heart_1: :skating: :heart_1: :laser:

2 Likes

Hi @Sassparella my Home station does not cycle through any of the displays and this weekend I’m going on a camping trip and when I got back to Home station was still on the wave

@nicholasalamprese

If you’re Home Station is not cycling through displays. Try the following:

1. Power OFF the Home Station (pull the plug off – wait 1 minute – then plug it back in).
  2. When Home Station is powered back on - take EMO off Home Station
  3. Press the Home Station button at the base and see if the display changes (REMEMBER - EMO MUST NOT BE ON HOME STATION)
  4. If this is still not working. Try and Update the Home Station firmware once again.
  5. Issue the following command: EMO UPDATE HOME STATION
  6. Once Home Station goes through firmware update % from 1-100% and restarts.
  7. Try pressing the Home Station button again and see if you can change the display.

If this is not working. The best thing to do is create a short video and then submit this to the support team for them to assist you further.

:laser: :heart_1: :skating: :heart_1: :laser:

1 Like

I got to know that emo will try to line him self up abit to much and that is what drains the battery and powers off

I did not know that the homestation changes the cycle on it’s own Thanks for tell me!

Thank you @MasterAbbott , for your awsomely comprehensive reply to my original question :slight_smile:. Sounds good, but I see there seem to be a few teething problems though. Hopefully these will be resolved.

2 Likes

Are there lights that are supposed to come on the home station? And my Emo will not return to charger, he kills himself in the middle of the table?

1 Like

Hi @Meuhrich

Yes, there are lights that are meant to display when you power on the Home Station. Make sure that you have connected the Home Station LED / Home Station base correctly (as it can be a little hard to connect the first time.

Take a look at this video below which covers how to assemble your Home Station along with other useful tips as well.

Thanks

:heart_1: :laser: :skating: :laser: :heart_1:

1 Like

Just received my Emo go home.

Set up the home station. Powered it up and placed Emo on the charging mat and… nothing.

Emo is not found by the app.
Nothing to indicate it is charging.

Tried re-powering up the home station… plays the little tune, does a sort of light display then has the house pic.

But Emo does nothing at all.

Hi @DarrenAnthony

Take a look through this forum thread as it does contain a lot of useful info. For Home Station, I’ve shared a video help guide that can hopefully help. Take a look below:

Also how to use EMO and Help with many features, etc. Take a look through my EMO New User Guide as well - Quick Help Guide for New EMO Owners! :heart_1:

If you need further help, feel free to reach out :slight_smile:

:heart_1: :laser: :skating: :laser: :heart_1: