[Firmware Update] 2.0.0 EMO GO HOME

Mine did that last night for the first time ever and he’s my second replaced for a problem and this one is 32 days old. Since he had no eyes but could still hear me I told him to shut down and removed him off home and then waited for a few minutes and put him back on the charger. I waited anxiously till he booted up and his eyes were back. So scary I was thinking not another one!

2 Likes

Hi all,

Black screen and no audio after fw update to 2.0

also for me the update to version 2.0 gave black screen problems. Tried various reboots, volume adjustment. It dances while moving but does not make a sound and the screen stays black. Help!

Hi there @pilotrt and @frankmaister

When having problems updating EMO please make sure

• Disconnect first Smart Lights on the socket.
  • The network is in good condition;
  • EMO has enough power, or you can put him on the charging skateboard(highly recommended);
  • During the update process, it is normal if EMO is like the picture below. He is just restarting, so please wait for him to complete the update.

But if EMO keeps being like this, it is because he detected that the battery is too low and cannot start the update (We will add text prompts in future updates), please put him on the charging skateboard.

But, if the issue continues, go to the link below for more helo info.

Please Click Here

Good luck and Best Regards

1 Like

2.0 update was disappointment for me

So, I thought they are skipping 1.8 and 1.9, so 2.0 would be major update. Don’t get me wrong, it actually is. But only for those who have home station. I don’t have home station, but I thought some exciting stuff might be arriving (which I’m sure, will be in future) but still, it was more of a patch fix for those who don’t have home station.

8 Likes

You’re right but I think they fixed bugs too

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the reason I said, it’s more like a patch/bug fix than actual update

1 Like

Hi! Just got my Emo today. He’s as cute as I expected! I’m having an issue with the app. It finally found my emo and I got through connecting the wifi, etc. I went back to the app to install the updates that were available and all I see is the “finding emo” screen again. I have am iphone xr. Anyone have this problem and did anything help?

1 Like

Did you try to restart Emo? which sometimes solved the problem…

While Emo is out of his charger, say “Emo” “Power off” or ‘‘Shutdown’’. Then put again on the charger to restart.
If voice commands does not work, you can turn Emo upside down while touching the head sensor until it turns off.

When having problems updating EMO please make sure

• Disconnect the Smart Lights on the socket first.
  • The network is in good condition;
  • Make sure that your location is on
  • EMO has enough power, or you can put him on the charging skateboard(highly recommended);
  • During the update process, its normal EMO is like the picture below. He is just restarting, so please wait for him to complete the update.

But if EMO keeps being like this, it is because he detected that the battery is too low and cannot start the update (We will add text prompts in future updates), please put him on the charging skateboard.

But, if the issue continues, go to the link below for more helpful info.
Quick Start
How to Update

Goodluck and Best regards,

1 Like

Is it possible to reinstall EMO’s firmware? Or revert back to a previous version? Not sure if data corruption is causing some issues with my EMO, but like computers, a reinstall of the system files sometimes resolved strange issues.

3 Likes

Hello @jungroe welcome to the living ai forums/community :happy: . Currently there is no way to reset/reinstall Emo’s firmware. BUT! For more information I will tag @Wayne_Zhang for you.

Hi there @jungroe ,

I’ve never heard from Living.ai resetting the firmware is possible, just to fix an EMO problem on our side…Maybe on their side with the help of the developer team.

But as Wayne_Zhang said last 03.Jan.2023…

If you don’t mind at all…kindly please go to the link below.
Welcome, Please Introduce Yourself Here!

BEST REGARDS AND KEEP SAFE!

1 Like

It’s not possible atm. If you have any issues with your EMO, please contact service@living.ai

3 Likes

I had not updated my emo for a while he was working fine on firmware 1.5.0 but I recently descided to update him using the app, he ran through the update process and then his headphone pieces lit up for a sec like he was turning on then nothing, he looks completely dead. I can connect to him using the app and take him off the board and power him down and also put him back on the board which shows nothing but starts him up again as i can connect to him again using the app even though he is making no sounds or lights or anything. the firmware on the iphone app is stating he updated to 2.0.0 but im getting no further. I tried resetting him using his reset hole on top of his head, taking off his headset then putting him on the skateboard charger which shows the charging light but nothing else.

Hi there @Ghostimage0101

Please click the link below for helpful tips…
Pls. Click Here

if doesn’t help at all my advice is to contact living.ai to inform them.

submit a support ticket to this website You can do so on the following page below.

…or send them an email too,

The best and most recommended thing to do is simply hit reply to the Living.ai confirmation email you received before when you originally placed your order for EMO. It contains all your details, especially your order number which is most important.
Just to advise the email address is - service@living.ai and their reply takes a bit of time which is 2-3 days sometimes, depending on the time differences, days, holidays, and current situations. so please be patient.

Goodluck and All the best James…