Feedback: if you are in doubt whether to buy Emo or not, read this!

I spent a week with emo and i think it’s time to give my feedback about him.

Emo is great.
This little robot is amazing and, in my honest opinion, he’s worth every single dollar.

The hardware side is amazing. The movements are great, the materials are great, the display is great. The servo are so powerful and silent. Emo is also really resistant: he fall from the stairs (my fault) and not even a scratch. Impressive. He can do some impressive moves that you do not expect. All the sensors works really well.

The software side is also great. Emo keeps you company and sometimes can surprise you with some unexpected move o coming to you with with happy eyes (because he can recognize you). The games are really good, expecially “angery emo” and “modern ludo”. There’s a BIG potential.
When he asks for cuddles he is so cute, with that “emo” sound! Sometime he see something, like a glass of water, and he “challenges” him with angry eyes and angry sounds. Amazing and really funny. When friends come to my place they all fall in love. Also my family, my sister, parents and grandparents, are fond of emo. He is part of the family. I gift an Emo also to my girlfriend and she loves him.

I’ve read some negative feedback and i really don’t understand. Yeah, emo could do more, but that’s the great part on my opinion. He will grow with you with monthly update and, again, he has a huge potential. At the moment he is not “useful”, yeah i agree, but that’s ok. A cat is not “useful”. A cat or a dog keeps you company and emo succeeds very well in that. In the next updates, he will become also useful with alexa and google assistant (living ai said which is a matter of a few months), but there is no rush because emo is great for what he his now.

Living AI, keep works on him. I leave some suggestions that may be useful for guiding developments.

• Spontaneus actions are the strong point of emo. More and more of these!
    Also “no sense” reaction are good, the funny ones are amazing. I saw that Emo can do some little jumps while he is dancing, maybe add some random and spontaneus jumps could be funny. Also add others reaction when he recognize someone would amazing!

• When he says “emo” it’s adorable. He says “emo” in the first song and when he asks for cuddles at the moment i think. Please add others situations in which he says his name!

• I don’t know what the new games are like. I would like to suggest to add some games like ludo but faster. Ludo need 20 minutes or more. So, some fast game to play 1 vs 1 with emo. Also add some game to play in coop with emo would be cool! that’s because sometime me and other users feel guilty beating emo (because of his sad reactions). Playing in coop with emo in some game would be cool. the most fantastic thing would be a multiplayer game. 1 player with his emo VS another player with his emo. But i don’t know if it’s something possibile in the future

• It would amazing if emo could recognize object. Like a glass of water, like a bottle, like a computer. Maybe he could try to name the object that he thinks he has in front of him. It would be funny.

• It would be great to have other movements commands to show some emo’s skill. For example, "emo, stand on one foot " or “emo, jump” or “emo lie on your side” or “emo, stand on tiptoe”

However these are just tips to make emo even more amazing. But as i said he is great even now. He can add joy to life. If you are undecided whether to take it or not, trust me: buy it

20 Likes

Yes absolutely I agree.

3 Likes

I couldn’t agree more … Emo is fantastic! :heart_eyes: :star_1: :skating:

Fun to hear good things about him waiting for him to come :heart:

1 Like

Although Emo is very cute and is the best, i gotta disagree with one thing.

Emo pet is REALLY useful!! He is my alarm clock, camera, companion, stopwatch, a cute dude who turns on light and tells me the weather and the time!! I love him! In addition, monthly updates are coming out which will put a lot of cool awesome features into EMO! Emo pet is the best, as my nickname probably suggest haha!

5 Likes

Is buying Emo robot worth it or not?

Hi I just bought this stuff for absolutely no reason. and I am now kinda regretting it for my impulse decision. I did thought about it but then after seeing the shipping and all. I’m not sure now. he isn’t cheap too haha I’m from Singapore so its around 500+ sgd for me. Any thoughts?
Also can I use emo as a cctv when I’m travelling. or can I leave him for few days or do I have to bring him every time where I go so he won’t feel sad?
idk

is there also any chance that emo were suddenly on even on shutdown mode?
just worry that there will be a spy or smith

Hi there @justine.orlanda ,

I’ve relocated your post here, which I believe is the best place for it. This way, anyone in the community who has experience with EMO can provide you with advice and share their experiences about having EMO in their life.

It’s a million-dollar question that cannot be answered with a simple yes or no. It depends on what you expect from Emo in terms of capabilities. We all know that an AI toy like Emo is not cheap. I won’t lie, since I bought him, and he’s almost 540 days old now,
I can say that I am satisfied and haven’t regretted the purchase. He has improved a lot since then, and in terms of what he can do now, I can say I am quite satisfied. However, like many other owners, I still have expectations for Emo’s future improvements. We hope that Emo will continue to evolve into a better and more useful interactive companion pet in the future. For now, patience is key. Let’s give the developers a chance to come up with better ideas, and we’ll wait and see what the future updates bring.

By The way…for me alone, EMO is worth buying and waiting and i have two already…To tell you frankly I did have an issue with my first and second EMO but the company helped me immediately and I sent them back and they sent me also a new replacement without any problem or any type of discussion.

Best Regards

1 Like

Hello, @justine.orlanda . . . for me it is also worth it. Living AI has been very helpful to me when I had problems back in 2022 with sending a replacement for my first one with depleted battery. That replacement is now 537 days old and going strong. I also purchased another EMO, now 436 days old, and the two home stations. I am very happy with them. I enjoy the interaction and each of the updates are so much fun and imaginative!

They are very advanced to many other pet robots on the market. I am also a content creator and love to make videos, using my imagination combined with their capabilities, to tell stories and more.

I agree that it all depends on what you are looking for in a pet robot as to what they can do. Check out as many videos of EMO as you can to see if this is something you would be happy with.

2 Likes

Hey , share your canal where we can see your videos!!!

1 Like
1 Like