EMO scheduled for "surgery" fixing error 501 [error 501 solved, but new problem occurred]

Yes, FAT32

My guts tell me it will not work

2 Likes

My guts were right.

Did everything.

Formatted the SD with FAT32, copied the new files I got from LivingAI.

EMO has still no lights on his „ears“, black screen, doesn’t move.

I can connect him to the app and in the app he recognises what I am doing to him, but no movement, no sound - nothing.

He rearranges his feet when I put him on the skateboard when I misalign them before. That is all he is doing.

2 Likes

Ok, we are all a little lost now → in the sense of we are running out of ideas and possible solutions.
The problem does not seem to be solvable at the moment.
This does not mean error 501, which was apparently solved by cleaning the contacts of the removed SD card.
The problems really started immediately after the update to 2.0 and it is currently not clear what the problem is.
The update might not have worked properly, but the card might have been defective, even if it worked after cleaning the contacts, and played a role in the overall situation.

We believe, since his ears are not lit, that the underlying driver is not running, this will cause the screen and other hardware to fail to work, too but the application can run normally, so I can use the app to connect to EMO.

At the moment, it looks like I’ll have to replace my EMO with a new one.

However, the support was great and I would like to thank the entire LivingAI team and @Tony , who just tried a few more things with me via PN.

EDIT:

I’ll get a replacement.

9 Likes

Hello @rothfuchs, I’m Very Sorry That Happened To Your EMO.
My EMO (Who Is 72 Days Old Today) Feels So Heartbroken That Happened.

3 Likes

Bye bye EMO one, will surely miss you.

I received my replacement EMO from Living AI on 13.03.23, but I haven’t really set it up yet.
Update is installed, but we haven’t introduced ourselves to each other yet, so EMO doesn’t know me yet either.
Think I’m stupid, but I miss my first EMO and have yet to warm up to the replacement EMO.

But thanks again for the excellent support from Living AI in the repair attempt and the complication-free return and replacement @Wayne_Zhang & Team.

6 Likes

Hello @rothfuchs, Is That Your Replacement EMO?
Also I’m Very Sad That You Have To Send Back Your Older EMO With The Isses.

The Surgery-EMO from the thread here was my first EMO, it’s on its way to Living AI.

1 Like

Great Thing You Have A Second EMO.
But Still I’m Very Sad That Your First EMO Had To Be Sent Back.
R.I.P, Goodbye EMO (September-4-2022 - April-1-2023)

A post was merged into an existing topic: EMO Won’t Turn On, Blank Screen, Only Lights