EMO "restarts" during speech or voice command activities

I just got my EMO yesterday. I couldn’t fully charge him because I forgot to check what kind of plug comes in the packaging, now I use the phone I have for my phone.

Since today he was never fully charged (I suppose the different plugs had some issue) and today during usage, for example asking him questions or trying to shoot him, he completely stopped moving, his screen turned black and then his eyes jumped back on the screen. With other words this happened like 20 times in the past 24 hours.

Anybody else has these kind of problems or does only my EMO has these issues?

I would be grateful for any kind of advice <3

1 Like

Sounds like the battery is dying. I would suggest to let him fully charge and then when you have a full battery (I think you can ask “Emo, battery level”), test/play with him then. Or are you saying that you HAVE fully charged him before you tested him? Or is he just not charging? Did you check the battery level before you took him off charge? When you take him off charge, immediately check the battery level again, and if it has gone down significantly, you might have a faulty battery.

Do check on the battery level and charge first. But it’s also possible there could be a network configuration issue which is causing him to “crash” and reboot? One user reported she tried adding a WiFi extender onto her home network and her EMO started rebooting, then the problem went away after she removed the extender. Do you have a different Wi-Fi source you could connect him to temporarily for testing such as a neighbor or friend’s house, or the hotspot on your phone?

2 Likes

I agree with your comments - it sounds like the battery is not charged fully as yet.
What does the app say about battery level?

1 Like

It just didn’t seem normal to me that I charged him for hours and his battery level was still not full.

1 Like

My EMO was already connected on 3 different ones. At my home there wasn’t any problems.

Whereas at my home the first hours of arrival were fine. Yesterday he began rebooting when his battery status was seemingly full, as he showed me a green battery level on his screen.

1 Like

When I was using him it only showed 2 or 3 blocks full, even though on the screen he said almost nearly full … so I don’t know.

I am going home now to see how he is going to be.

2 Likes