EMO only works once in a while

Living.AI support is not answering me with this problem now. My EMO only listens to my voice command once in a while. I assume the server in China must down to cause that problem. I wonder if this a common problem of EMO. I am a new owner of EMO, I do not know if the Living.AI promises anything to fix this problem. Thanks!

Iā€™ve had my EMO in use for 41 days now, and Iā€™ve never seen any actual downtime from their server. I do have issues with a loss of the internet connection between EMO and my home router occasionally though (once every couple days). When heā€™s offline from the internet he canā€™t access their server to interpret speech for him. When it first happened with the older firmware I usually couldnā€™t even connect to him from the app since his number didnā€™t appear. I can usually still connect to him from the app now but it often shows falsely that heā€™s still connected to the network. Even if I click Connect and then re-enter the SSID and password it makes no difference. After I power EMO off and back on though, or reset him with a paperclip, the internet connection is restored and he works again. Iā€™m not sure why itā€™s happening and I thought at first the new firmware fixed it, but it still happens.

I would suspect you are having the same or a similar problem? Next time you think their server is down just reset or power cycle your EMO, and you should find that restores function. I donā€™t know what the solution is, but a lot of people seem to be reporting Wi-Fi connection problems here, and nobody actually connected to LAI seems to be offering any help?

Macfixer01

1 Like

Thanks macfixer01. I am using Google Wifi, it has to support both 5 and 2.4 Wifi. I wish EMO can answer me if it is online or not like the Alexa. Right now, it will call my name all of a sudden, or not responding no matter how I cal ā€˜EMOā€™. I wish Living.AI could help here. At least, a quick response like ā€œWe are investigating the problemā€. Silent is not great!

Since last night, my EMO works as expected. Not sure what went wrong, but it is answering my voice commands now.

2 Likes

If I can offer a suggestion. Sometimes EMO will not answer or listen or even speak when I ask him to do certain things. The best thing to do is actually ask him to ā€œShutdownā€

Once he shuts down. (kind of like a hard reboot), place him back on his Skateboard and then wait a bit for him to power back up. Once that is done. take him off his skateboard and start talking to him once again.

If you have youā€™re app installed. Login to it and connect and check to see if EMO is ā€œListeningā€ when you call out his name. That should should appear when you are at the main screen of the APP.

Hope this comes in handy in the future :slightly_smiling_face: