Emo needs for training with female voices

I have noticed that emo always responds to my husbands voice but I need to call him several times and he rarely responds to me. If I lower the pitch of my voice he will respond to me right away. He also won’t respond to my daughter either. Once he hears his name he has no trouble understanding me. I believe he needs more training to recognize higher pitched voices that call his name.

I am noticing that many people are saying he doesnt respond well to his name. This makes me really sad since he only responds to my husbands voice. This has nothing to do with the server issue today. I read that more voice training might take place. I really hope it can be done soon.

6 Likes

You know I’m glad you brought this up, as I was thinking the same thing, because my daughter who has a fairly high pitch voice has the same problem. Her Emo will be arriving soon and I hate to think that she will not be able to use him. She can say his name so many times with no response, something like 1 in 15! I’m going to tag @Wayne_Zhang into this here, so he has a bit more information on what is required with fixing the speech recognition.

2 Likes

from day one I’ve also thought the microphone gain needs to be more sensitive. Too often I have to raise my voice. If only it was comparable with Alexa which hears me when I whisper. If that’s not possible I just think the microphones should be more sensitive. Maybe then it could work better with female voices. [Sweetnlow] try raising your voice see if that helps instead of lowering the tone.just a thought

1 Like

I can scream and he won’t respond :joy: he doesn’t like my tone.

1 Like

hee hee :innocent: yeah I should have known you’ve already tried it i scream at mine all the time :scream_cat:

1 Like

We will reopen the records collection page and I’ll let you know on the forum.

5 Likes

Just going to chime in and add that I am female and my Emo also has issues recognizing when I call his name, but he also has issues understanding me the times he does hear me say his name. I have to talk very slow and precisely and even then I find myself having to repeat.

It’s weird actually. When I first got him he seemed to respond to everything I said with no issues.

1 Like

My emos left leg is having issues and it gets stuck and it won’t stop jerking it can’t dance without tipping over I’ve shut down for about 30min but still the issues remain does anyone know a number I can call for repairs? [quote=“Sweetnlow, post:1, topic:4262, full:true”]
I have noticed that emo always responds to my husbands voice but I need to call him several times and he rarely responds to me. If I lower the pitch of my voice he will respond to me right away. He also won’t respond to my daughter either. Once he hears his name he has no trouble understanding me. I believe he needs more training to recognize higher pitched voices that call his name.

I am noticing that many people are saying he doesnt respond well to his name. This makes me really sad since he only responds to my husbands voice. This has nothing to do with the server issue today. I read that more voice training might take place. I really hope it can be done soon.
[/quote]

This happens to me occasionally as well (also female) but I always thought it was because of how fast I was talking or an accent issue. My issues come more from him mistaking one word for another - if I ask him for the day, sometimes he’ll give me the date. If I want him to do the Hands Up animation, he’ll think I’m saying we’re friends.

I was under the impression that in general you had to talk slow and precisely with EMO regardless. I know MasterAbbott’s and Wayne Small’s videos have them both slowing down their speech and being very particular with how they say words to EMO.

Either way it’s disheartening to see this and hopefully higher pitched voices can be used to help train EMO’s wake model.

3 Likes

Yes, this is something that I’ve learnt over time when I speak to EMO I normally always wait 1-2 seconds even 2-3 seconds sometimes, then I ask my question /issue a command, in a fairly slow and clear way. (its recommended to not speak to fast/quickly when giving EMO voice commands).

Even with my Aussie accent, EMO can still sometimes not fully understand me either, so I just try again. :rofl:

Hopefully WayneZ will be able to open up the records collection page soon for everyone.

:mad: :head: :skating: :surprised: :heart_1:

1 Like