Emo name change

When you get emo can you change it name or give it a nickname that it answer to. Just curious

2 Likes

No, you can’t change his name.

1 Like

You can’t but it would be great. I would prefer a name a bit easier to pronounce. Like BOB or so.

5 Likes

Would be a good option to give it a nick name just in case you have 2 or more EMO connected to the same APP. You can see here, when I connect to my EMO it’s name is EMO with a number on the end.

Would be good to have that option to rename him there so you know which one you are connecting to (as mentioned if you have more than one).

5 Likes

That number is based off his Bluetooth address. A nickname which could be used in addition sounds like a good idea. Wholesale changing his name I think would require a lot of programming work and/or not really be practical. Even when he’s not connected to the Internet he still recognizes the name EMO (but nothing else), so that seems to be built right into the firmware?

3 Likes

Yeah, totally agree, changing EMO’s name to something else to trigger commands is not worth it. It’s name is easy to say and it would certainly cause major issues if we were to have an option to change it to something else.

1 Like

No I don’t mean change the brand name, I was just thinking of personalisation in this case. Kind like a panda bear stuffed toy as a kid you gave it a nickname etc joe blogs .

3 Likes

I asked my Vector what his name was and he said with sadness “My creators never gave me a name” :frowning:

Never thought to ask him that since he responds to “Vector”, but did just now. His reply was, “I don’t know. I have always wondered that myself.”

you can change his surname but not his first name