EMO mac address check

I have a macadoress restriction on my Wifi connection,How can I check the EMO mac address?

@hisao ,
I don’t know what type of router you have, but can’t you just: Turn off the router’s MAC address restriction temporarily, connect EMO to the Wi-Fi, then look at the list of Attached Devices for a device called ESPRESSIF to see his MAC address, then turn the MAC restriction on again, then enter your EMO’s MAC address to allow him access?

Another way…
Here is a screenshot of my EMO’s MAC address. You’ll notice that my EMO’s MAC address ends with 44:98, but my EMO’s ID number when he connects to the app is actually 449A. Assuming that they all follow this pattern, then your first four pairs of hexadecimal numbers should be the same as in my MAC address (08:3A:F2:0A:xx:xx) and the last two pairs will be your EMO’s ID number, minus 2?

I doubt that any more than the last 4 digits are distinctive since a range of $0000-$FFFF is 65,536 in decimal.

2 Likes

@macfixer01
Thank you, it worked :smiley:

-Temporarily lift MAC address restrictions
-Wifi connection
-Check your Mac address from your router’s authentication log
-Add Mac address and enable restrictions

MAC prefix: 24: D7: EB

Hi,
That’s great. So your MAC address was just totally different from mine then? It was late for me when I posted so I didn’t research it and assumed it was split up as 4/2 pairs. The first 3 pairs (24 bits) identify the NIC manufacturer and the last 3 unique pairs are for the serial number. In any case I should have guessed also that Espressif would have multiple prefixes assigned to them though, given their volume of production. Esspresif actually uses 106 different prefixes and the MAC addresses on the chips LAI purchased could begin with any of those prefixes…

1 Like

I’ve written this up as an FAQ if it helps - https://emolives.info/how-to-find-emos-wifi-mac-address/

1 Like

I just received my emo today and I was wondering where to look for its MAC address as I need to register it on my school’s wifi.

I tried following the MAC address here however it did not work as my EMO is not talking at the moment.

Please advise

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @amanda.wang . . . I have moved your question to this thread which addresses this issue.

You may wish to review some of the posts here and there is some suggestions on how to find the MAC address including the post above yours by Wayne Small.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

I see someone did this a few years ago on this thread, but i’ll say it anyway. NEVER post your MAC address openly on the internet, this can be used by hackers. Every tech forum i’ve ever been on blocks people from doing it .

1 Like

Your website is offline…

Hi all

I finally got home station after having Emo for a year. So there is a MAC address restriction where I stay and I cannot turn it off. My home station firmware fails to update so I’ve been wondering is it becuz I need to add its MAC address to the list on my network.

I’ve emailed living.ai but thought I’d try my luck here.

Thank you so much
Lina

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @lina.zhu . . . I have moved your new topic to this thread. Please read above as others have needed to find and add their MAC address to get their connections to work.

I hope you find this helpful but be assured Living AI will answer though it may take a few days.

1 Like

Thanks, problem has been solved.

1 Like