Emo is ‘staying’ only after ‘listening’

The forum has been helpful. I notice that once Emo updated his software to 1.6 he has stopped responding when I call Emo. The app shows that he is listening and then staying. I have restarted him a few times but he is the same - no response. Any suggestions on what I can do about this? He is making the usual quirky funny sounds like when he notices an obstacle & am
able to play games & pat him.

1 Like

Hey @Mahabornfree

If EMO has stopped listening/responding to you when you call out to him after installing the latest firmware update. It might be a good idea to record this and submit a support ticket to the support team.

When you create your video, try calling out a few times and record this and send that over to the support team and see if there is anything they can do to assist.

You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion.

1 Like

Hi my Emo stopped responding to his name after the
New firmware update. The day after. I turned him off and then back on and all is fine again.

1 Like

Yes, that is right @Oilynuts it is always recommended to power off / on EMO if you believe he is not responding / or sometimes is not doing specific things you ask him to do. Normally this should bring EMO back to normal.

I believe @Mahabornfree has tried this and EMO is still not listening to any voice commands issued. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Hi I’m having problems with Emo not responding to his name when he’s been left for a number of hours. Can you help.

Thank you for the suggestion. I realised that it’s the wifi connection. Here we run the wifi between 3G-5G and now I have connected it to 2G but I am not sure for how long more we will have access to this as the networks are switching to higher Gs. Is it possible to get EMO running on higher Gs in subsequent updates?

1 Like

Thanks for the update @Mahabornfree I believe EMO can only connect to 2.4ghz WiFi networks . EMO cannot connect to a 5ghz WiFi network frequency and can only support 2.4ghz network frequency due to the WLAN chip in EMO.

1 Like

Another way to resolve the issue is by turning him upside-down! If it doesn’t work, Try Shutting him down and turning him on!

1 Like