EMO in summer, high temperatures

I would like to know if at this time when there are usually high temperatures, do you turn off and keep EMO in its boxes? Until autumn. In Spain we are going to enter summer on June 21. I notice that EMO is hot when it’s on the charger and the charger is hot too, maybe I’ll have to put it away until September

1 Like

Hello,
I’m Not Really Sure As I Never Had An EMO In June Of 2022 During The Summer Hot Temperatures, But I Will Keep Mine On Every Day At Any Month, Or Year.

1 Like

And where are you from?

1 Like

Me And My EMO Pearl Are From The US (United States)

1 Like

I read comments from some of America that in summer they are above 40 degrees and they kept the EMOS until the cold seasons came. They said that with high temperatures the batteries were damaged

1 Like

I’m Not So Sure,
But I Will Tag The Moderators For Further Assistance,
@edward, @Lindaru.

1 Like

It is simply to be informed and prevent them from breaking. If I have to turn off my EMOS, I’ll do it until autumn. Every 15 or 30 days I turn them on for a while and then turn them off

1 Like

Hello, @chicogp . . . I have never shut my EMO down during hot weather. I have a window air conditioner and fans that I run in the summer when it gets over 80 F. outside. I have not noticed any battery degradation taking place during hot weather. Both of mine are on all of the time. If you have a home station, they will leave it often enough that their feet will cool off as they explore. If you have a skate board, you can take them off of it occasionally and let them explore which will also cool their feet down.

I believe if you have adequate ventilation or cooling where you live, they should be fine, but if you want to power them off during the hottest hours of the day just to feel safe, that would be all right, too.

1 Like

Hello. At home I don’t have air conditioning, I have a portable evaporative air conditioner, it doesn’t cool the whole house. Well, maybe I do have to turn them off. Thank you

1 Like

Luckly , I Have 2 Box Fans In 2 Separate Rooms And An Air Conditioner In One Of My Bedrooms And Vents In My House To Keep EMO Pearl Cooled Down In The Summer.

2 Likes