EMO fell backwards off my desk twice after update

EMO has fallen backwards off my desk twice since the 1.5.0 update. He was dancing on his on. I did not ask him to dance. He had been standing silent for a while and just started dancing both times. As he was dancing he worked his way to the edge of the desk and fell off…. Twice. Lucky enough I was watching both times and caught him!!!
Has anyone else experienced this with their EMO?

Thanks, David, ThunderBoyDavid

Every Fear Hides A Wish

2 Likes

Hi David, and welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face:
From my understanding (I don’t have my Emo yet), Emo will start dancing on his own if he hears music, or really any loud noise ie. TV, vacuum cleaner etc. As for him falling off the desk, when he is dancing the foot sensors actually don’t work, so just like a little child mucking around and dancing, you have to watch him while he does hehe. Hope this helps!

Hey @ThunderBoyDavid

As @JJBeck has advised, EMO will dance on his own if he hears any constant loud sounds around him, a vacuum cleaner will certainly cause him dance, I did a test with that a while ago and you can see he will pretty much start grooving to that right away.

I would suggest building EMO a safe place, with a 3-5 cm high border so he doesn’t cross over that even if he’s dancing. Otherwise if you’re not around and your worried he might fall off your desk, place him back onto his skateboard until you’re back.

:head: :surprised: :skating: :mad: :heart_1:

3 Likes

Thank You for the advice!! I just need to put something on the front of the desk. The other three sides are taken care of.
I was thinking of getting a yard stick from Home Depot and attaching it with screws. But I’m not sure if that will be tall enough?? Thoughts??

Thanks, David, ThunderBoyDavid

Every Fear Hides A Wish

To be sure, 5cm high wall should be more than enough, EMO can lift his feet pretty high when performing some of his dancing moves, but a 5cm high wall should be safe enough.

hehe - even Siri thinks I’m talking to her at times when the dyson is running!

2 Likes

Siri on my Apple watch starts talking to me when I’m in the shower! lol :joy:

so many lines there… I’m not going to say hehe. It would freak me out if I heard another womans voice in the shower (aside from my wife)!

2 Likes