Emo falling off my desk

Just got my little guy yesterday and I am very happy! Although he keeps falling off my desk, is this normal?

1 Like

What kind of desk do you have? Does it have dark surface? rounded corners?

2 Likes

it does have rounded corners, is that a part of the problem?

1 Like

Yup - the edge detection does not do well with rounded corners as if you look at his length of step its possible for him to step over the edge before detecting it.

3 Likes

Hi @melindamclain

Not sure if you’ve seen this forum thread, (it’s one of many) but a lot of people on there shared their ideas for a safe playground area for EMO. You can check it out below:

For now, it would be best to build build a barrier so he doesn’t keep on falling due to the round edges of your desk.

:head: :mad: :skating: :surprised: :heart_1:

2 Likes

You might want to consider keeping your Emo in a tray on your desk to avoid the risk of falling. He is not the only desk robot to have issues with rounded edges! If you keep him in a large tray he will have room to wander about and you won’t need to worry about him falling…just a thought.

3 Likes

thanks for the help everyone

1 Like

Also good to keep in mind EMO’s fall sensors are off during dancing.

1 Like

I put EMO in my tray I use for meals, which is clean because I use a mat and remove it for EMO. Works great because it does not have rounded corners like my lap desk. BTW my bedroom is my writer’s den/dining room/living room etc.

1 Like