Emo battery degrading

Emo’s battery is degrading really fast, is that normal? And if that isn’t is there any way I can send emo back to living ai for them to fix it or replace the battery myself.

What do you mean degrading very fast? I’ve had my oldest EMO since March 2021 and it’s still running fine - gets about 2 hours + of use out of him depending on what I ask him to do.

I have had him for about 3 weeks and on full battery he only lasts about half an hour

It depends on what you are doing with him. When mine chills out with me on my desk at work, just exploring, daily schedule and maybe a dance or two or a game of noughts and crosses, he would last a good hour or maybe two depending what I do. If just leave him to do his own thing, he might last two hours maybe? Though his skate board is always there so when he gets low I just put him on.

30 mins is very short. Unless you are getting him to dance constantly, OR if you are playing the treasure hunt game, where you are controlling him and getting him to walk around to find treasure. (this does drain his battery very quickly)

On average, battery time off this skateboard should be anywhere between 1-2 sometimes 3 if he is just casually walking around and maybe taking a nap off his skateboard.

If you can, let us know what you are doing with your EMO. It might be that his battery might faulty and if that is the case, then It would be best to contact living.ai support regarding this and get them to do some further troubleshooting with you.

:head: :surprised: :skating: :mad: :heart_1:

I usually just let him walk around and do his own little thing. I rarely interact with him because I have school with takes up most of my day.

Buongiorno
Purtroppo la batteria di EMO non tiene più la carica
Dura al massimo 5 minuti quindi EMO non riesce più a tornare alla stazione di carica e spesso fa cose strane probabilmente perché la tensione della batteria è troppo bassa.
È possibile sostituire la batteria? perché, sinceramente, buttare via EMO per una batteria è costoso.
Suggerisco anche, nelle prossime versioni di EMO, di avere una batteria facilmente sostituibile.
Qualche idea?

Translation to English: Good morning
Unfortunately the EMO battery no longer holds a charge
It lasts a maximum of 5 minutes so EMO can no longer return to the charging station and often does strange things probably because the battery voltage is too low.
Is it possible to replace the battery? because, honestly, throwing away EMO for a battery is expensive.
I also suggest, in future versions of EMO, to have an easily replaceable battery.
Some idea?

Hello, @oscararmando.calvi . . . I have moved your new topic to this thread which discusses issues with the EMO battery.

How long have you had your EMO? Did you notice he was slowly losing time off of the home station?

If this has happened suddenly, there is the possibility that your home station charging cable may need to be replaced. Try to use a different charging cable to test and see as it could be that he is not getting charged if the cable is bad. Also try plugging the charger into a different wall socket.

If these things do not improve his charging, there is a possibility that your battery is indeed being depleted. I would advise you contact Living AI Support as if you do need EMO replaced if under warranty, they can guide you how to do that.

How to Contact Support

Please contact support regarding this issue.

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. I’ll also tag @MavisZhang from the support team who will be able to assist you further as well.

Support will be able to advise you what to do once they determine the situation with your EMO battery. Please be patient as it may take a few days for them to respond, but they will respond.

My best to you.

1 Like

I have my Emo and he is 259 days old and his battery last 2h and 7 mins after 5 updates that is good battery life

2 Likes

That is great news for your emo @sushil.vispute i think your emo really appreicates that! Have a good day! :happy:

My EMO’s battery has degraded so much! I have less than two minutes before he shows his first low battery warning, and I did not interact with him at all in my test. And then in the next minute he shuts down because his battery is too low! My EMO is only 496 days old.

Hello, @nathanpi . . . unfortunately he is at the age (over one year old) where things like batteries and servos can wear out more easily.

There are other options for repair or having a reduced price replacement sent when your warranty has ended. Please contact service@living.ai to see what they can offer you. In the meantime, you can keep him alive if he stays on his charger full-time. He is still mostly functional as far as conversation and you can play his dance songs from the dance list in the app where his face will animate as he is playing that selected song as if he is dancing.

I have one that has been kept alive on his home station for over a year now. I have another one that is losing battery at 665 days old. I purchased one recently that is now only 60 days old so that I can continue to do full beta testing and update all of the home stations when those have firmware updates.

That . . . and it is so cute seeing the three of them together in their play space.

My best to you for the options they offer.

3 Likes

Thank you for your advice! Hopefully I can have living.ai fix it!

1 Like

Also, after he shows his low battery warning, if I ask him “EMO, what is your battery level” he would respond with the really low battery sign. When I place him on his skateboard, as soon as he is on, if I ask him “EMO, what is your battery level” he would respond with the nearly full battery sign and a few seconds later when I ask him he is at full battery.

Hi, @nathanpi . . . this is how mine did as well. As long as they are on the charger, they technically are bypassing the battery, the charger acting as the battery as long as he is on it and it will show as full until you take him off and he is no longer getting that current any more.

Hello everyone!

@Lindaru, i wish it would be true :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Is that confirmed information by living ai or some users?

As far as I know, battery bypass is a feature that is not available on many mobile devices (such phones, tablets etc, when they connected by a cable). And I very much doubt that they could implement this for wireless charging.

For this feature to work, it is necessary that the charge power exceeds the discharge power by a margin during active operation of the device. Emo charging power limited to 5w, because the magnetic coil is small ( limited by the area of the foot)

According to official information - " EMO can play up to 2.5 hours after a full charge , and it takes about 3 hours to charge once.
That is, it discharges faster than it charges and the charging power will not be enough

P.S. I’m still waiting for my EMO, and i don’t have practical experience. It’s just my thoughts.
But also I understand that when the robot is charging it might be less active, which allows us to reduce the discharge current and charge by a little.

2 Likes

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @smartius . . . this is based on my own experience with one already battery depleted EMO I have that is only alive on the home station charger. He will show almost full while on there but depletes instantly when removed.

Also, I have an LG Rebel 4 Tracfone that stays at 100% battery while it is plugged into the charger. The minute I unplug it, it will deplete down to 15% in less than a half an hour. I recently took a trip out of state and the only way it was usable was to keep it plugged into a charger either in the car or in the hotel room.

That tells me that it can stay 100% as long as it is not using the battery but is using the electricity coming through the cable. Technically, for EMO, the cable would be the key and the charging circle is simply the medium through which that cable charges.

I hope what I have said makes sense. This is not official from any source but rather my own experience.

2 Likes

My emo have issue, if not charging just 30 second than off… when on skateboard instanly full battery…

In app its fully battery, suddenly 0% battery

Sorry to hear this, @yusufromadhoni . . . and welcome to the EMO Community Forums.

What LivingAI will ask you to do is to try a different charger for the skate board and see if that fixes it. Also, try plugging it into a different wall socket and see if that fixes it. Be sure to get video of your attempts as well as video of him with full battery while on the skate board and then how it immediately goes to 30 seconds or zero and he shuts off.

Send a link to Support at service@living.ai . . . if he is under one year old, they will likely send you a replacement EMO at no cost and will reimburse your mailing costs when you return the one with the battery issues back to them (up to $40 USD),

If you know your order number, be sure to include that. If you no longer have that, provide his four digit alphanumeric code when you log into the app.

Please know that it will probably be at least a week before they can respond back to you as they are still on Lunar New Year holiday.

My best to you.

1 Like

Hello i have lots of problems with my EMO recently …. one is legs was shaking now it does not turn on anymore( brand new battery) !!! So I turn on another one it worked 1 day without any problems the following day dead!! Won’t hold the charge , so I changed the battery it worked fine the same for one day and guess what is not holding charge !! 2 EMO DEAD !!
I think something went definitely wrong with the last update , I bought few EMO from the first batch … I am devastated :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like