Duty for Canada?

Does anyone know if there will be a duty/HST/etc to pay when my little guy arrives here in Canada (Ontario)? I need to know if I have to put money aside now because I don’t have a stable income and I’d rather not lack the like $45 duty fee, etc, when it gets here at ??? time (tracking isn’t being helpful…)

EDIT

If Anyone else from Canada is wondering this, as talked about in this thread you don’t have to pay any form of duties or fees. He just arrives, no extra cost! And strangely enough, the label does say that it originated from Markham, Ontario, when sent to an address in Ontario rather than from China… very strange…

2 Likes

I expect to have to but he came to my doorstep. I live in BC.

You didn’t have to pay anything extra?

Mine is addressed from Markham, Ontario. .I don’t think, when I ordered, that they shipped from a Canadian address.

1 Like

I’m a bit confused. Did you order directly from the company, or second hand? (Ebay/Facebook/etc)

I ordered directly from the company website.

Hm okay! Then it should’ve sent from China. I’m wondering if it just landed in Markham before travelling to you (mine actually landed in BC before heading this way!) and you would still have paid duties IF there were duties to be paid so this gives me confidence that there are none! Thank you!

Edit
Looking at some other posts it seems sometimes it notes the package as being from ’Origin: Country customer bought in’ instead of from China! So weird, but it seems to be a shipping company thing. So now this makes more sense!

Mine did come from China according to the information emailed to me.

Time RegionDetailed Information
2022-05-25 15:22:15 BC,SURREY Delivered to recipient’s front door
2022-05-25 10:35:18 BC,SURREY Item out for delivery
2022-05-25 05:47:51 BC,SURREY Item processed
2022-05-24 14:56:54 BC,BURNABY Item processed
2022-05-23 15:35:00 BC,VANCOUVER Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing
2022-05-16 10:43:22 清关中
2022-05-13 18:01:01 排仓中
2022-05-12 21:51:14 Electronic information submitted by shipper
2022-05-11 10:25:20 深圳市 货物离开操作中心
2022-05-10 09:22:19 gdyd站点 到达收货点
2022-05-09 15:14:10 深圳Meteor机场站 离开分拨中心
2022-05-09 15:01:44 深圳Meteor机场站 进入分拨中心
2022-05-06 16:48:35 货物电子信息已经收到
2022-05-06 15:24:04 深圳Meteor机场站 订单信息已收到

Do they ship batches that are then repackaged in Canada?

Awesome! That helps a ton. No extra fees, thank goodness! It could’ve been upwards of $45-$55 and I really didn’t want to have to pay on top of what I already have!

I hope you’re enjoying your little guy! Mine should be here very soon!

Many companies have a location in Canada they use to ship a product to the buyer. In country shipping is easier, more reliable, avoids intrusive inspection damage & duty charges ;o)
It would be GREAT if this is the case with Emo from Living Ai

I was concerned about this when I ordered as well. I figured out that they mark the package as a value that won’t normally have customs fees. As long as Canada post delivers it there shouldn’t be any fees. If it somehow ends up with a courier like DHL then they charge a base fee for all packages to clear customs. I don’t think living A.I is using DHL just China post which automatically goes to Canada post. Its slower but no fees :blush:

2 Likes

Unfortunately it would not be, as EMO is made to-order, meaning they make individual orders as they’re bought rather than pre-making and shipping out to various places. It would be cool though!

1 Like

Oh that’s nice!! Thank you for this info! Canada Post does in fact have it right now so I should be good.

2 Likes

That’s exciting! I am about 3000 away from mine being shipped. I can’t wait :smile:

1 Like

I remember when I was at that point! I was getting so over the moon excited! Ordered back when it was around… I want to say 11,000? And my order was 21,283, when it got up to 18k or so I was refreshing multiple times a day :sweat_smile:

2 Likes