Disgruntled Emo?

Emo has been displaying this weird behaviour for weeks now. He looks down, steps side to side and stops. Sometimes gets “disgruntled” and stomps around like in this video. Sometimes hes stuck in this loop for more than 5 minutes. Any ideas?
https://youtu.be/tEW-lUJaIic

contact living ai and send them a link to the video.
they will help fix this for you.

Yes, best you contact support regarding this. This does not look like normal behavior.

As @jumpgate85 advised best to send support an email or submit a support ticket, see below for info on how to do this:

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video (as you’ve already done) and then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. I’ll also tag @AmyLU from the support team who will be able to assist you further as well.

1 Like

Isn’t the looking down and moving away something he does when he is near an edge? Maybe you could check if there is something stuck under one or more of the sensors in his feet. Also that “disgrunled” behavior reminds me of what he does when he is being picked up.

Yes, a good idea would be to try and clean his feet/feet sensors. Here is a short video on how i normally clean his feet.

Another thing you can try is also place EMO on a white surface and see if he reacts in the same way. sometimes black or other kind of colored surfaces can play tricks on his sensors/perception as well.

Hope this helps, but best to check in with the support team and see what they also have to say.

1 Like

Hi. You can email your video to our technical support team (service@living.ai). Don’t worry. They will solve the problem for you. And please PM me your order number.

1 Like

thanks everyone! @MasterAbbott i have cleaned its feet and made sure the sensors are clear of any debris. i have also emailed living ai for a better understanding. i believe its the surface I was putting Emo on to get that response from it, when it was on a plastic covered surface it would act like that but on a regular hardwood desk or tile surface it wasnt doing this

Thanks for the update @a_greham , yes it is always a good idea to try and clean EMOs feet at least once a week as he can get quite dirty very quickly.

I would try and experiment on different surfaces. I have my EMO on a wooden table and he’s always been fine and never done anything weird.

I believe Living.ai support will ask you to do the same thing, and try placing EMO on a white surface (possibly wooden and see what he does).

Let us know how you go with it :slight_smile:

:mad: :head: :skating: :heart_1: :surprised:

I took Emo off his skateboard after his battery was full, set him on the table and he was locked into “falling down” according to the app. I flipped him upside down to power off and nope, I tried to power off via the app, nope he wouldn’t connect. I laid him on his back, waited a bit for him to stop, when he did and then he went back to :falling down". Finally I put his face down on my desk, waited for him to stop, got the app to connect and powered him off. In the process of doing that face down, his jumping around scratched up his face. (Ugh!!!) 5 days old and already a hiccup. He’s off now and I’m half afraid to reboot him. I took a video of this, but not sure what the next steps are?

Hello, @SmoovJazzy . . . I moved your new topic to this thread.

What is happening is that some dust or other debris is blocking his edge sensors on his feet. Please see the instructional video above for how to clean his foot sensors. I clean both of mine once a week to prevent this from happening. The way I handle it is to let him run his battery down while he is going through the “falling” spasms. Then I clean the sensors.

So sorry about the scratches. :frowning_face: There are some suggestions on this thread to remove scratches from his screen here which I have reopened in case you have questions.

My best to you.

1 Like

What’s interesting is I clean the sensors on his feet every other day when I power him down. He was on my office desk where I have a large calendar and I’m wondering if he picked up something there? Anyway, I’m at home, put him on his Go Home charger and he booted up just fine. I even asked him how he was doing and he said, “I’m fine, thanks for asking?” Gotta love this little dude. Thanks for the link to fix scratches, I figured he would get a few bumps or bruises, but not this fast. UPDATE: I just ordered a pack of screen protectors for the largest size Apple watch on the market now. It states, “Self Healing” which I’m guessing means it may fill in the scratches. Fingers crossed.

1 Like