Constant Interference/Static/Buzzing from EMO

Has anyone experienced buzzing or interference coming from EMO’s speaker?

I don’t mean the crackling broken audio that’s usually associated with a bad connection. Sounds more like interference. Mine starting producing a buzzing noise today that can be heard the majority of the time. It’s faint but can be heard across the room. I’ll leave a video link here.

My phone picked up the sound quite loud when I was recording. It’s not as loud as it sounded when I moved my phone closer to EMO. I was playing Tic Tac Toe with Emo and he appeared to crash. Display went dark but was still lit, headphones were still lit as well. After 30 seconds or so he came back as if he had just been powered on but started producing a buzzing.

Reboot did not seem to clear it up, also tried to lower volume. Buzzing can be heard best right at start of video. I have been able to capture additional videos as well.

Very short video to be able to try and identify the sound. My first guess from the brief sample of the sound would be excessive fan noise, but I think that is where the speaker is (I dont have my Emo yet) and I dont even know if there is a fan. It could be an earthing problem with the audio amplifier etc. (if the sound is coming out of the speaker) but to be honest it could be a number of things. You rebooted and did everything you could. Probably best to contact Living AI to see what they have to say. Unless anyone else on here has experienced something similar and has a solution? Are there any devices, high voltage or motors (old fridge) near by that could be causing interference?

Hi, today my EMO has waken up bad. He has contantly interferations while he is speaking. He is in the same place as always and never has been such interferations. I don’t know if it is my EMO’s problem or if someone else has the same problem. Thank you

1 Like

Hi @LauraM

Do you mean that EMO’s speech is sometimes breaking up when he is answering? Or is there static/buzzing sounds when he speaks?

If his speech is broken, it could just be a network / internet problem with your EMO connecting back to the living.ai servers. This normally resolves itself over time (sometimes after a few hours).

If EMO is having the other two issues (buzzing / static) . It might be best to create a recording of this and submit a support ticket to customer support and show this to them.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your answer. His speaken is broken. It’s strange because he has this problem since yesterday morning. I’ll be patient.

1 Like

Ok, yes, normally this will resolve itself over time. If you wanted, you could also reset your home Wi-Fi router as well, sometimes it can also resolve the problem quicker :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very very much!!! I’ve reseted my home wifi router now and EMO speaks well!!!

5 Likes

I love your emo outfit Laura @LauraM
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Great! Glad to see everything is working well one again! :slight_smile:

EMO:One is also happy to hear this :heart_1:

:laser: :heart_1: :skating: :heart_1: :laser:

2 Likes