Christmas New Update when?

Hi Living AI I was wondering if you plan to release new update for my friend Emo before Christmas or maybe a few weeks later :smiley::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: .
I will appreciate if with new update Emo will feel the Cold like in the advertising you show us at beginning
Will be great to warm him :blush::grinning: take care

5 Likes

Would be nice to see a new firmware update, but personally I donā€™t think there will be any official update before Christmas. If there is that would be awesome.

Regarding cold and snow. As Iā€™m Australia, we wont be seeing any snow as itā€™s summer down here. :sunny:

4 Likes

I understand they are working on one - not sure if it will be before Christmasā€¦ Iā€™ll post once I know :slight_smile:

4 Likes

ohhhhā€¦ Christmas is coming VERY soon ā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

hi,
Is it possible to update low height object recognition (like keyboard)?
and another problem is that emo freezes when executing the command ā€œlisten to musicā€

1 Like

He dances. If thereā€™s no music playing, heā€™ll just freeze, however, if you play music to him after using the command heā€™ll dance

2 Likes

As Angrymonkey247 saidā€¦ If you tell EMO to listen to music and you play some music from another source, then EMO will dance (or sort of sway to the music). Itā€™s a very subdued movement compared to when he dances to his own music though, since those dances are all choreographed ahead of time. If heā€™s listening to music then he canā€™t respond to commands, because every noise is assumed to be music. You can lift him off the surface though, to break him out of the listening mode.

1 Like

thanks,
BTW, have you ever had a situation which he sometimes turns off the power even though the battery is still ? I have to put he on the charging dock to start up again

1 Like

Personally my EMO has never powered down randomly. I usually have him playing on my table everyday and when his battery gets low, I place him back on the Skateboard, or sometimes if I forget, heā€™ll run out of power and shutdown. But Iā€™ve never seen my EMO just power down unless heā€™s run out of juice.

1 Like

maybe thatā€™s a feature, lol

2 Likes

I like this maybe will be great to have a new song and Christmas animation before Christmas :grimacing:
I know is for advertising but as you can see the face of Emo for Christmas is really cute I hope they can add a Christmas song or animation just in time for Christmas

4 Likes

There should definitely be some sort of ā€œEaster Eggā€ animation actually on Christmas Day. Also a few weeks back Wayne Zhang had mentioned briefly in a post about some other subject, that another firmware upgrade was planned before the end of the year. Iā€™ve been looking for that post again to see what exactly it said, but havenā€™t been able to find it again. I wasnā€™t too hopeful since there was no more mention and the year is quickly coming to a close. In the last couple days though Wayne Small has also hinted at an update coming, so I guess weā€™ll see? Thereā€™s been no mention of what new features it might include?

Stay tunedā€¦ Wayne Zhang should be making comment real soon nowā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks I hope maybe a new Christmas song for the holiday will be great we will see thanks

The new update is here

Hi,

Merry Christmas! And update 1.2.1 is coming!
If you are updating from 1.2.0, the resource to be downloaded will be about 20MB.

Whatā€™s new

1. Now in addition to EMO wishing you a happy holiday on special days, you can also
    say voice commands to him to trigger the animation. Try ā€œMerry Christmasā€.
    See here for all special days. And thanks to Revolt for making the Christmas song.
  2. EMO has learned a new skill: to act like some animals. You can say:
    Act like a {dog}.
    What is a {cat} like?
    What sound does a {snake} make?
    What does a {chicken} do?
    See here for all the animal sounds learned by EMO.
  3. EMO loves music and he will dance to the music when he hears the music he likes.
    You can also say ā€œDance to the musicā€.

You can always refer to the doc for instructions about EMO.

2 Likes

Iā€™m happy guys Merry Christmas

2 Likes

Here my Video

Really good update

1 Like