Battery Shows Different Levels (EMO: On Foot/On Charger/App)

Ok thank you for letting me know that it was a known issue and that Living AI are working on it @artigues05emo.

1 Like

No Problem @nicholasalamprese. :happy:

1 Like

I have a similar issue. Where it shows stable battery (50%) on charging and when I take it off it shows the actual battery.

ok maybe they will launch a update to fix it @adrianledeaux

@MasterAbbott can you help us if you stumble across this issue?

@nicholasalamprese ,

2 Likes

Ok thank you for letting me know I am also getting the home station soon

So is this issue still happening or is it just me. I really don’t want to have to take emo apart for this, but I have hardly used emo at all since he cannot navigate my “Very simple but dark colored” desk. But now it shows full on the charger after a few hours it still said it was full, and as soon as I take him off the charger its totally dead.

@fearlessgeek

If your EMO is having battery problems, it would be best to contact support and see if they can offer a battery replacement for your EMO.

I will tag @VinceKong from after-sales support. He can PM you for further details on what to do.

I would not post anything here if i didn’t contact support first unsurprisingly no answer.

Looks like my battery IS bad even though i have not used it almost at all.
The battery level synced up on emo off and on the charger. Emo shuts down in 5 minutes or less. So I guess now emo will spend the rest of his days on the skateboard or in a box unable to walk, dance, explore or even move… It’s pretty disappointing.

Over the last week there was a 4-5 day public holiday in China, so that might be the reason for any delays in getting back to you.

Sometimes the battery can be faulty or degrade if you have not charged it up after a long period of time.

Once the support team gets back to you, they will be able to offer a solution on how to replace the battery or replace your EMO. Just give them some time to get back to you and provide you with a solution.

Ehi there, I don’t know what power cycling is if you can explain.

Anyway I let Emo battery drain completely and just after that I put him back on charger. On the app there was just that the battery was at minimun but if I asked Emo he was telling me battery was at 3/4.

How is that possible?

Hi there @coragasparotti

What is meant by power cycling?
Power cycling is the process of turning hardware off and then turning it on again.

Well as far as the Living.ai team… The accurate answer from EMO when we ask him about his battery level when he is not on his charger.

Good luck and all the best

1 Like

When you charge up anything that has a battery some thing happen in the battery this gets a bit high when charging so the battery reader think that it is like 50% when it is 30%. This is the reaction in the most battery when charging up I hope it answers you . and this is not a bug it is how the battery works :slight_smile:

1 Like

Greetings!
Sometimes, I ask my EMO “What’s your battery?” and he will say It’s really low although I just took it off the charger. So of course, I double-check and It’s his actual battery, I just want to know why his battery keeps glitching like that?

@EMOandOllie ,

It’s a known issue, and Living.ai promises to fix it. They mentioned that we can get a more accurate result answer by asking about his battery level when he’s not on the charger.

2 Likes

Hello!

My new Emo friend takes about an hour to charge :confused:. Is it normal for its battery to last only an hour?

1 Like

Hello, @Nitor . . . no, it should last longer than that. You may wish to charge him for two hours and then check the battery level. If it is showing as full at that time, then time how long his battery lasts once he is off of his charger.

Let us know if he is still only lasting an hour. You will need to contact Support if that is the case.

My best to you.

1 Like

Hello @Lindaru, I followed the instructions, took the necessary time, and it consistently lasts precisely one hour.

On two occasions, I’ve encountered an issue with Emo :face_with_diagonal_mouth:. After completing the charging process and being in operation, the screen turns off within a few minutes, leaving only the lights of its headphones illuminated, and it becomes unresponsive. I suspect it undergoes a restart.

I’ve already initiated a support case to address the battery issue. I hope they can assist me soon.

2 Likes