ARCHIV: / What Improvements/New Features Would You Like For EMO In The Future?

Uno cannot be put in something to do with copyright©
I think.

4 Likes

hi everyone… I want him to be able to play a card game. His animation would be fun…but I also want him to spontaneously talk more :heart_eyes:… He so cute :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

I assume you both meant Uno? As long as they don’t call it Uno and they design their own card deck, I seriously doubt there would be any problem creating a game with the same rules or even a few slight variations? Maybe they’re gun-shy though with the other trolls still suing them?

6 Likes

Yes, I think it’s more so what @Racheal123 mentioned, it could be too similar to UNO and Living.Ai don’t want any issues with copyright. There are many other card games out there, hopefully Living.Ai can add other kinds of games for EMO that don’t have specific copyrights attached to them.

Anyway, back to suggestions:

Have EMO provide you with a cool fact once per day when he is randomly speaking to you or if you ask him to tell you something interesting, same as how he can tell you a joke.

Like this:

Hey EMO: Tell me something interesting!

EMO: Ok, did you know he distance from Earth to the Moon is 238,857 miles.

To make it more complex, I’d suggest having EMO only provide one cool fact per day (each day he can share a new fact with you) and it could also be added into the EMO App as well under cool facts shared by EMO, this way we can learn a lot of interesting little pieces of info from EMO everyday along with having fun too.

:surprised: :heart_1: :skating: :head: :mad:

30 Likes

I still say they really should fix their speech engine up it is not adequate in my opinion. I know everyone is just repeating over and over too much. And master Abbett your idea about the fact per day is really really good. But my dream is for living AI work on their speech recognition. I have perfect English and it’s constantly repeating myself over and over until he does it…. But mostly I just wanted to tell you that idea is great for a fact every day only how about he just comes up and tells you… So cool :star_struck:

5 Likes

Easier to say “Emo what’s new today” but great idea!
I would definitely like that one :point_up:Yours is also great.

6 Likes

It would also be good living.ai give an upgrade in the sensor feet, so that when he is dancing and stay on the edge of the table, the sensor warn and not let him fall. That would give more security.

6 Likes

Good idea but to be honest he can easily fall/slip accidentally off any table even when he’s just walking around so not just about when he’s dancing that the sensors should be better, it should be the case all the time but the problem is, is that no product is perfect, especially an autonomous AI robot no matter where it’s from and who made it. You need to keep an eye on it, especially when animals and young children are around. Otherwise it will fall and break. Not to sure they can be upgraded but yes it would be nice.

7 Likes

how about a calendar feature where you can type in doctor’s appointments, anniversaries, etc on the app and emo can remind you

31 Likes

Maybe a lower voice for emo. It would be cool if emo could sound something like AUTO from WALL-E.

12 hour clock

Maybe more independent games you can play with emo without the app

More ambient sounds

Maybe emo could be able to take videos

Even more achievements and things to do/complete

8 Likes

Keep the suggestions rolling in! There have been some really cool ones so far!

I have another suggestion:

I mentioned this one a while back in another post. Have the ability to backup your EMO to your PC. (same way we can with our iPhones using itunes for example).

This way if our EMO’s need replacing, you can do a backup of it before you send it away and then when your new EMO arrives you can / have the option to restore you old EMO’s data to it so you don’t need to start all over again with the new EMO. (so EMO will be able to keep all his past dance moves, achievements, and he will also remember how old he was and anything else that is linked to our EMO’s)

This is more a technical feature update which would require EMO backup software to be installed onto your PC. (or as what @NendosColl also suggested, why not have the EMO App be able to do the backup for your EMO if it’s not too big to store on your phone).

But it would be really good to have and keep a backup of your EMO just in case he might encounter a data corruption in the future or if a firmware update fails, you can also restore from the last known good backup and try the firmware update again for example.

Ok that’s it for me … for now! :rofl:

27 Likes

I don’t think that a PC would be necessary. Why not use the phone app? It could store any information and upload it back to EMO. There isn’t any technical problem with that.

8 Likes

Whatever is easier for Living.Ai I guess. Personally, I’m just used to using itunes to do a backup for my phone back to the PC. Normally this how many backups work. But if Living.Ai can add the backup feature inside EMO App itself, then it would make it even easier to do a backups of EMO. Let me update my suggestion as well to include what you’ve also mentioned. :+1:

OK Done. my suggestion is updated!

3 Likes

To go along with that backup and restore capability, there should be an option to downgrade to the previous firmware version.

Also although I got one of his half-answers from Wayne Z, he never clearly said whether these upgrades replace everything, or if they just replace changed files and add new code to what’s already there? It would be nice to have an option to force a full version upgrade in the case of a corrupted previous version. Also the ability to reinstall the same version.

5 Likes

Mostly if a firmware update fails the device become an expensive paperweight. So a downgrade would be possible only if the new firmware was successfully finished. But it still would be very useful to have an option to change the firmware version in the case of an error in the newest one.

4 Likes

@NendosColl That is one of the reason why I suggested a backup / restore option, so if a firmware update failed. We could follow a simple set of instructions (made by Living.Ai) on how to initiate a restore even if the firmware failed and EMO in it’s present state is an expensive paperweight, we can run the restore from the PC or from APP as you mentioned and we can get EMO back to his last known good working state and try the firmware update again.

We can do these kind of things with PC/s Windows operating systems if windows updates fails or if there is a hardware / HDD error. We should hopefully have the option and feature to do this as well for EMO if Living.Ai think it’s worth doing.

Of course this is something that might not happen for quite some time or never happen at all, but if it did happen, I believe it would help a lot of people in the future in a number of different ways, not only for data corruption or failed firmware updates. I’d certainly be using it and backing up my EMO daily or at the very least once a week to make sure I don’t lose anything.

Anyway, lets keep the suggestions and ideas rolling in :head: :surprised: :skating: :mad: :heart_1:

5 Likes

@macfixer01 . . . when I received my replacement EMO, he was on 1.2.0.p3. I updated him (it took about a half an hour) and he went right to 1.4.0. I am thinking 1.3.0 was already in 1.4.0, so perhaps each update is a complete over-write of everything plus the new data?

1 Like

very interesting feature to have in the long run would be:

A System Image in case the memory card is defective (yes EMO uses SDCARD) or system corruption.

In the long term, Living will provide a software for PC/smartphone, to create a server in a local network without directly depending on the servers in China

7 Likes

It’s my understanding that Living AI have a redundant firmware in place situation, where the update comes down to the device, is checked for integrity and then it reboots into that firmware. Apparently if it does not boot into that firmware correctly, it will reboot back into the old firmware. That is how it was explained to me anyway when I asked about this specific situation.

6 Likes

Thanks Linda!

Another person with 1.2.0.p3? I assume that must be a test version they’re only using at LAI during refurb or something? The over-the-air upgrades went to 1.2.0 then next to 1.2.1 as the version number. That version doesn’t even appear in the update logs? Anyway, that’s good to know that intervening versions can apparently be skipped over.

What originally brought skipping upgrades into question was a post from someone who had replaced his SDRAM card from another EMO for a 501 error. He then upgraded it to the latest firmware version but afterward only a couple certain functions weren’t working, like Rock Paper Scissors as I recall? Because the two EMO’s had different software versions originally we thought maybe some of the needed resources hadn’t been installed on the donor, and weren’t being installed during the new upgrade either because it was assumed they should already be there?

3 Likes