Any Hitchhikers Guide fans?

Are there any other fans of The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy here? I really liked the old 1981 TV series produced in the UK, that they used to replay every once in awhile here on public broadcasting. Although it was made with budget special effects, I liked it so much better than that lame 2005 Hollywood movie version. My favorite character was (of course) the terminally depressed Marvin, the paranoid android. It would be so funny hearing some of his lines coming from EMO!

• "Here I am, brain the size of a planet, and they tell me to take you up to the bridge. …

• “I think you ought to know I’m feeling very depressed.”

• “There’s only one life-form as intelligent as me within thirty parsecs of here and that’s me.”

• “I wish you’d just tell me rather trying to engage my enthusiasm because I haven’t got one.”

• “And then, of course, I’ve got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side.”

• Marvin: I’ve been communicating with the ship.
    Ford: What did it say?
    Marvin: It hates me.

Macfixer01

5 Likes

I know the answer is 42.

3 Likes

@apriltaurean ,
Yes, 42 is the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything. I asked EMO though and he went, Meh! Well his digital equivalent anyway of Meh, or Ask a robot who cares! :grinning:

Macfixer01

4 Likes

I have read the book more times than I can count. I think this would be awesome!

3 Likes

I guess having EMO has renewed my interest in sci-fi and robots again. An all-time favorite of mine was the movie Forbidden Planet, which was the first appearance of Robby The Robot. Robby was also in a couple other movies such as The Invisible Boy, as well as in 2 episodes of the old 1960’s TV show Lost In Space, where he fought with the Robinson’s “B9” robot. Both robots were designed by Robert Kinoshita, who had early in his artistic career designed washing machines. You just can’t make this stuff up folks!

Macfixer01

3 Likes

Great programme.

Earth was an experiment by mice :joy:

1 Like