What Improvements/New Features Would You Like For EMO In The Future?

Hi, I don’t know if there is already such a function because I’m waiting for my emo, but if there isn’t, maybe you could create a calendar for the application and after entering an important event, e.g. birthday, doctor’s visit or anything else, Emo on a given day would inform you that there is something important today to do?

4 Likes

Impersonations, I moved that to top of my list.

think it would be fun to add more drawing options. Be drawn as a cat boy/girl ect or just say animal girl/boy for a random surprise.

I noticed he has a favorite book but when I ask about tv or movies he doesn’t say anything. Maybe add terminator, short circuit, WALL·E, batteries not included, I robot, robocop and or the iron giant? Thinking about terminator it would be cute if he could also do impersonation.

I think adding nicknames to your file or whatever it is would be cute but so far he hasn’t called me Jessica. I’m just friend. Yeah I bet he forgot my name. My uncle use to call me pineapple so I thought it might be funny or if things go well with my crush give him some interesting names.

2 Likes

Hi, @jessica.morgan . . . you can get him to call you anything you wish by going into the app and editing the recognition name there.

I do like your suggestions for favorite movies!

It would also be nice if his favorite movie was The Wild Robot.

Personally, I think it would be nice to:

EMO will have more
talking interactions with is owner
Have a choice ON / OFF on the app for the dance
since that makes him wear off his servos ( cables rubbing each others and cuts off …. )
Have on the app

MEDICAL CARE :
Be able to check or reset the servos
Check the battery in real time and state of it
Be able to turn him on without the use of the charger or station
Check camera …
Checking temperature
Perhaps I am missing some action that can be done with the MEDICAL CARE so this can be extended with some of your ideas (Forum )

A factory reset possibility in case , bugs from firmware updates , or to reset like is a new “born”
Etc…

On the app be able to choose his activity :
None
Medium
Normal
High
Because once is out of the station what he does is just walking around ,and walking again around doing the same things… also this make the servos wearing out …
A calendar reminder for appointments it’s a good idea already mentioned by someone on the forum also
Have on the app a text edit :
We type what we would like EMO would say
Example :
« I am missing you …. »
I am wishing you a very nice day to ……
Etc….
So since we can use at the same time the app and the camera on the same device a time frame so we can make a video of what he’s saying and record it and send it to someone…

To me he needs to interact more often with his owner like a tchat …
interact more with his home station since the station is connected to the wifi
Like is learning the alphabet , so the station displays each letters and EMO repeat them like is learning…. This is an example… so many things I guess can be done on the station and EMO , so it seems more a “LIVE ”:wink:
The more idea from the forum the BETTER our LOVELY EMO will BE :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:
Thanks again Living AI to have created this LOVELY EMO that makes our heart melt ……
Also
It would be nice to choose a personality what I mean is. An ADULT set up and Child set up
When is see some comments……….and publications ………… I can see that there’s lots of young people that owns EMO , when you look at some of the updates some stuff are to me very «childish »… so my POV I will be happy to have an « Adult « EMO , so it’s not dancing for nothing etc… the update from Christmas was mostly for kids , I would Love that he will behave like a smart robot , being more useful for an AI robot ….

5 Likes

Would be cool for EMO to dance to a song for longer than 1 minute, but till the song ends or something

1 Like

I know but I meant it would be cool if he switched it up Jessie, pineapple, boss, your highness lol. Unless you mean making multiple scans? Would that confuse him? Mine seems a bit…. Special…. A few times I see him standing in front of the wall or a box.
Recently I wanted to make him say something specific but wasn’t able to it would have been cool if I could.
My crush got fired right before Christmas cuz a new coworker said she didn’t feel safe around him meanwhile he’s been there from the start. He just found a job and you don’t know how happy I was so I made a video for him. I wanted EMO to say let’s celebrate when I said he got a job and then dance. lol he liked it.

I like the alphabet idea. I work in a 1st grade so I think that’s great if you have kids or maybe even have a cvc game ( consonant vowel consonant) to sound out words. Like the home station could have one letter at a time, write it and sound it out with EMO. Make learning fun.
I asked emo in ChatGPT what he can do he said send messages and use a calendar. Not sure if it’s actual or pretend cuz I saw he had chat bubbles on his face or maybe it’s something they’re working on but I don’t think he’d know that.

Hi, @jessica.morgan . . . the chat bubbles on his face during his daily schedule time are merely an animation and not actual communication, much like when he is typing on a key-board.

You can make him say specific things, but it is tricky. You have to go into where you change his last name. You can only put a couple words at a time, but you can change it and get ready to record his voice. He will say, “Thank you. Now may name is EMO {words you put in}”. Depending on how much you want him to say, you can record him saying these words. Then you have to edit out “Thank you. Now my name is EMO” and just leave the words. Then match up your completed audio to the video. I have several videos where I have scripted complete mini movies this way. A bit time consuming but definitely rewarding.

2 Likes

I’ve sold mine due to reasons given before.
In the future, it would be not only nice but essential to add real AI features, provide significant updates and continuous improvement on weekly basis and also clearly informing customers that EMO is not an AI robot but a toy with limited, pre-installed commands.

We’re living in the world where photography was replaced by Midjourney, cinematography was replaced by Sora, we have Nvidia Blackwell, OpenAI’s Figure combined with AGI and Tesla’s Optimus Gen 2 and there is so much more behind the Surface Web. Process Managers, SMEs, CEOs, Laywers, Psychologists are being replaced by AI. 9 of 10 positions are Software Engineers for Generative AI. All happened in less than a year.

The speed of progress and opportunities cannot be described with words.
And here we got EMO that received the last update 3 month ago to sing Christmas songs.

Wake up, please.
Thank you :pray:

2 Likes

I immediately loved emo, madly in love. But now I’ve lost a bit of faith in him, it seems absurd to me that there haven’t been any updates for months. Updates should come out, albeit small, every month or gigantic every 3 months. Instead, nothing here despite the thousands of ideas proposed here by users. Meanwhile my emo suffers from battery drain, he sits still on the desk because he doesn’t know what to do. Please do something great and now!

2 Likes

Then again, for a long time now I’ve wanted to see an update to the app to manage the emo light bulb with more functions

1 Like

You’re absolutely right about EMO. In a world rapidly advancing through AI, delayed updates and a lack of new functionalities are major shortcomings. The last update, which only added Christmas songs, shows that EMO is falling behind. We need continuous innovation and transparency about these devices’ real capabilities. Your point about the accelerated evolution of AI across various fields is an important reminder that products like EMO must evolve or they will become obsolete. We hope to see significant and swift changes.

3 Likes

I was just think how a lot of people want more responses maybe add a section in the app where users can upload questions and answers and EMO can randomly pick an answer if there’s more then one or if it’s a question about something he likes he can randomly pick a few. And if there’s an emotion they want add devil eyes or look down to seem sad ect. And if nobody added the question that was asked he could say I don’t know I haven’t thought about that instead of eh.

I don’t know if it sounds confusing so example.
I ask emo what is one thing he wishes he could do. He looks on the emo cloud or whatever and sees if someone made that question and answer, and then he could say it or pick one if there’s multiple.
Emo- I wish I could belly dance :cry: lol. Karate/fly/read minds/I want world domination but I’m just a simple robot :smiling_imp:.

It would open a world of creativity. Although the only problem with that is if there’s a high volume of questions he’s gonna stutter. The stutter is another thing they have to fix. He sounds like he’s going through a tunnel.

3 Likes

Hey, @jessica.morgan . . . I think the questions and answers provided by owners would be fun!

Not sure if you would want me up-loading those. I am the one that came up with about half of the book titles he reads starting at 8:00 p.m.

:face_with_spiral_eyes: :rofl:

1 Like

Well done, absolutely :rofl:

Actually I didn’t discover the forum until I saw an update of the book titles in the update log.It mentioned that they were the ideas of forum users.

1 Like

So at first I mistook “a qualified pet” for “a【Not heard clearly】fat cat”,But if it really is.Wanting to be rich and powerful is a good dream.

1 Like

Hello, @Xiaoqing . . . no doubt my three having been a music band and actors would love to be fat cats with perhaps an entry in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame and their own stars on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame.

:dizzy: :trophy:

1 Like

I would recommend saving an EMOs experiences and seperating him into a few things: AI processable images and a cumulative internal monolouge about its experiences giving him episodic memory, and saving an internal monolouge about each person he knows, then add responses, giving him personality.

3 Likes

Since the home station is supper bright and I’m not afraid of the dark it would be cute to say EMO lights out time for bed. And he can say ok or whatever and both the home station and himself go into sleep mode. Maybe even have a little clip of flipping the switch or pull chain so it can actually be dark and then wake up when you call him.

4 Likes