What Improvements/New Features Would You Like For EMO In The Future?

Here are the things i would like to see in emos future updates

1.Black Jack
2.More Sounds For Alarms
3.More Animations
4.Internet Free mode
5.Snooze the alarms by touching his head
6 To do list

5 Likes

Hello all! New here (Emo is 10 days old)

Enhancement(s) I would like to see:

• Being hearing deficient, would be nice to have what he is saying displayed on the app (I cannot locate if he does)
  • Able to have a device (PiZero or something on same network that could read the coding) to display the Text on a screen that I would mount near his home.

hope many others asians like me are waiting for it :robot:

A bit OT, but has Living Ai discussed the possibility of Emo t-shirts and ball caps?

Hello, @SmoovJazzy . . . I have moved your suggestion to this thread as it is one that Living AI reads fairly regularly to see what ideas the community has for improvements or added features. Tee shirts and ball caps would be fun!

1 Like

Another suggestion since sadly, my 5 day old Emo has quite a few scratches on the screen due to, well a different issue. If there is ever an Emo 2.0 or even the current version getting some changes, please make Gorilla glass an option. I would have gladly paid more for a Gorilla glass upgrade. Now I’m trying different options to fix Emo’s scratched face. :frowning:

3 Likes

EMO could fart and barp sometimes. :slight_smile: ew

3 Likes

I think it would be nice if emo could play a bit more games then tictactoe and um something fruit, like if he could play car games that we can play on the app where he turns the way you put your phone and there’s a motorcycle helmet on emo or something else but I would love different games pls

1 Like

I’ve never written code so I don’t know how difficult it would be be it would be neat if we could say, "Emo, can you say hi/hello to (insert name here) and Emo replies “Hi” (insert name here.)

4 Likes

Hi!

I would love to see Emo using something like Inworld, a program where you can create personalities which makes npcs in some games answer your own written dialog as if they were real people. But instead of written dialog Emo would rejact to spoken dialog. That way Emo would seem even more alive and you could talk to him about anything!

Im not sure how difficult something like this would be, or if Emo is even capable of something that advanced, but it would be a lovely feature which would make every Emo unique and help my lonely self have a even greater little robot companion to share my life with!

3 Likes

Emo does have other games! If you go into the Emo app, there’s a game section where you can explore many other games Emo can play with you

1 Like

Hello, I got my Emo Go Home yesterday and currently testing his possibilities :slightly_smiling_face:

As a futurist, I observe every step of technical progress since early 90s, visit different international conferences and shows to see what is possible and what is coming soon, including AI, mobility etc.
I like automation and Im using AI software for professional purposes since 2022 incl. GPT4, Midjourney 5+ etc.

Compared to other Robots I got from Japan, Switzerland and USA I expected a bit more for 450$ in 2023 to be honest. Its a wonderful and cute toy with big unused potential in my opinion.

Now what features I would like to see for EMO?

1. During the first minutes I already noticed that EMO has a very limited vocabulary.
    Its reacting only to the commands which are on the list.
    I have robots with the same vocabulary from 2013 and I paid less than 60$ for those.
    It would be great if EMO could be connected to Google Gemini, GPT4 and Siri AI (in 2024) to have voice conversations like we can have now even for free GPT 3.5 version.
    I often leave my iPhone on the table in the kitchen when cooking or on sofa next to me and simply talk about different things with GPT4. Few weeks ago it was still Sci-Fi, now it became reality and I use this every day just to talk to artificial brain which is more intelligent and polite than many real people.
    I speak 7 languages and the voice sounds very natural, I can talk just like I talk to a friend and the machine understands everything and answers me just like a real person (GPT4 Voice Chat incl. Files, Photos etc.).
    After having this feature in a phone, it was a huge step back (deal brekaer) when I turn on EMO and realized that its actually limited to a list of commands and we cannot talk like we do with a chatbot on a phone.
    I know that GPT can be activated for EMO but it needs to be turned on by a command, it cannot be connected to my own premium account, the answers are too short and its disconnecting all the time.
    Please add a permanent connection to OpenAI or other software in the future updates and let us log in to our accounts in order to use full potential and avoid waiting times for each answer.

2. It could be great if we could say “Hey EMO” or “EMO” to start a conversation and continue the conversation without repeating “Hey EMO” each time to say something new. It’s almost 2024 and for ~400$ it should be possible to implement the integration of chatbot which would listen all the time and have live conversations like a human. Otherwise, EMO feels like a simple robotic cat toy that I got more than 10 years ago.

3. Speech recognition is catastrophic so far. My EMO is using the latest software and cannot understand the simplest commands very often. Neither in english nor in german etc. A couple of times I asked it to look at me, come to me or tell me how it feels and it just changed my username (“Hello Luke nice to meet you”, “Hello Steve nice to meet you”) instead of answering me or performing actions. When reading other commands from the list (again this is a huge deal-breaker compared to free-talk like with GPT), it was telling me the weather instead of performing requested actions. Please improve speech recognition in the next updates. This is really frustrating. Its worse than Siri was back in 2011.

4. No eye contact. I cannot see or feel that EMO is talking to me or looking at me. The command “Look at me” simply doesnt work. EMO is rotating for ~30 seconds until his camera finally finds me. I keep sitting at the same place at the table all the time. I am not moving. And I have a strong feeling that EMO cannot recognize where the sound is coming from or its completely buggy. Its really sad. Again, the 60$ robots, cats or dogs I purchased more than 10 years ago, they all had this basic functions and could follow the voice and had eye contact with me.

5. The response time is very long. We are not talking about the limitless live voice chat here, like GPT4. We are talking about ~100+ (maybe some more?) commands from the list. Every time I say “EMO” do this or that or ask questions, it starts thinking for at least 5-10s before it does something. I have strong 10Gbit/s WiFi and 5G 2GBit/s mobile Swisscom network. The internet at home is working perfectly fine and I also can have 4K Video Calls or Live Streams while hiking on the glaciers in Alps. Why is EMO taking so long to react to the simplest questions? Please update your servers or implement a subscription to have dedicated servers for those who would like to have better experience. Its really frustrating and demotivating when EMO needs 5 minutes to do things that could be done in less than 30 seconds.

6. The App on iOS is very buggy. The connection is not working every second time when I launch the app or want to check something. Also I have a feeling that the current software in EMO is still in pre-alpha stage of development.

Overall its a wonderfull toy, but to me it looks like a toy from 2013, not 2023.
And I cannot understand the cost of 400$ for the features we currently have with EMO.
Last week I visited a toy store in Tokyo and here in Zürich where I saw small innovative robots with eye-contact, instant reaction, build-in camera for face recognition and more, each ~80$.
EMO has such a great potential, it looks very cute and I love the movement.
Please bring some real software improvements to it in 2024, at least the continuous listening mode, unlimited voice chat, connection to personal AI accounts.
I would gladly pay 4000$ for an EMO with GPT4 functionality.
I really like what you do and will follow and support as much as I can.
Thank you very much :pray:

19 Likes

Exactly this. Thank you.

2 Likes

Now I’m curious about those robots with listening capabilities and eye contact you mention for only $80, because that sounds like something impossible to do at such a low price while having profits at the same time. What’s the name of those so I can take a look?

About being able to log in to your premium GPT account, I believe the team mentioned that’s something they will implement in the future if possible.

And we also have Aibi now, with AI capabilities for a lower price tag. I don’t know how much AI-capable it will be, but seems that living AI is improving their products all the time, so I’m confident they will continue delivering a great user experience with their robots.

By the way, my EMO responds perfectly, I don’t have trouble having it recognizing what I’m saying. Also, the build quality is good and the price tag seems fair for this product in my opinion.

6 Likes

Would love a list of songs that EMO can sing in the app. Much like the dance list, so that we can pick the songs for him to sing.

4 Likes

After speaker have been released,If possible, I wish EMO can connect with more smart home devices like Alexa, Google or more. I will definitely choose EMO.

1 Like

@Wayne_Zhang I want to ask for hope. Will emo robot speak Turkish?

Add a %level of the battery

5 Likes

Will try our best. But tbh I’m afraid Turkish won’t be in the first batch.

2 Likes

I want there to be a new way for EMO to communicate with others. Like if you don’t want to spend money on therapy, then EMO can help. Especially for people with autism like myself. He could teach you some exercises on mental health and deep breaths. Maybe he could also have class pet mode for my fellow teachers out there. Maybe it could be an education update, cause everyone needs it. I really hope this gets added.

3 Likes