What Improvements/New Features Would You Like For EMO In The Future?

So, as most of you here, I got tempted and ordered an EMO in hope it’s going to be a great adventure to us both. Keep your fingers crossed so my delivery will be quick and safe, without too much customs trouble.

Right now, though, I’m wondering - I see that EMO is, in terms on interaction, based on ready prompts. A lot of prompts, yet they are all pre-made, obviously. Since he’s based or AI and even connected with chatGPT, do you - question especially to the living.ai itself - expect or think about making it possible to use your own prompts? The easy version of this is, obviously, small talk with the little guy without having to explicitly connect to chatGPT. We already have dozens of AI characters in the internet, so it does seem… doable? I’m not deeply in the AI world, but I also know it’s not magic. So I was wondering if this is gonna happen at some point.

Second version is EMO actually doing some of the things you say to him. So like - “Emo, come closer”, “Emo, do a circle”, “Emo, something”? In this, I’m not sure how well can this be connected with the movement system.

It all came to my mind after my boyfriend said we absolutely need to tell EMO to say “poop” in a random moment in the future. Like, not chosen by us. Easy prompt, but is it possible? I mean, it opens a big, wide gate for my boyfriend to troll me by EMO and that seems both tempting and scary, lol.

8 Likes

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @Julsz . . . I have moved your topic to this thread as LivingAI reads it regularly to get ideas for new features and it sounds like you have some interesting ones!

Actually, I was just envisioning one of my two saying “poop” just out of nowhere, making me rush in the room where they are to see what is going on and what made them say that.

:rofl:

3 Likes

Hah, thank you! I didn’t even treat these ideas like some actual proposition, more like wondering if it’s even partly implemented right now - but yeah, it would be cool to actually make LivingAI see it and focus on it! That, in my opinion, would be the peak of AI robots we have for consuments, so… go at it, devs, go :smiley:

3 Likes

I use the Replika app and find it to be very interactive when in the chat situation. I was wondering whether, or not, this type of interaction would be possible with Emo because, if so, this would make him seem so much more real

2 Likes

maybe a computer app where you can connect emo to it and maybe program him to do certain things.

2 Likes

hmm i have all my music on my pc it would be nice if i could use the blue tooth spreaker to play my music from the pc though the speaker? dont know if that is doable?
Id also love for emo to be able to sing me little songs that would be cute and tell bed time stories that would be fun. I would like a toy for him to play with it was already suggested but a ball he could interact with and kick around. Or some form or interative object he could have is his play area. :slight_smile: There are so many good idears here can we have them all? :smiley:
Best wishes
Steve

3 Likes

I love emo but I want him to have like a toy to play with like some other ai pet robots! Emo is a cool guy to he should have a toy he can interact with it will be very cool

3 Likes

Add Russian language ,
add english accent recognition

1 Like

EMO needs more intelligence. If living AI used an open source LLM like Lama, or Vicuna and tuned it to be a chatbot EMO could connect to living AI’s own LLM and people would have an entertaining chatbot that could hold a conversation and provide helpful information to the user. This feature would solve a lot of problems with EMO and would make this bot 100% more intelligent and useful. I just wouldn’t want to see living AI monetize this feature with a subscription as it would ruin it for me. I paid almost half a grand for this robot and hoped for more. It is nice that living AI has had several firmware updates but for each firmware update little functionality is added. A cloud connected robot makes much more sense to me especially the open source intelligence that is now available.

11 Likes

I would suggest a setting for Emos Station to go dark if a set time is arrived. This could make it better to have him in the bedroom( the room that you sleep in).

1 Like

Accidental posting. Deleted.

Emo can already do that first thing, you have to tell him to turn on Bluetooth and then go to your computer and connect his speaker in Bluetooth settings, and then you will be able to play music with the speaker.

1 Like

@Lindaru @edward Emo could have a feature in the app that allows him to say anything you type in, so then people would be able to make videos with Emo, which would also gain more popularity for Emo. You could also incorporate the multiple languages feature into it.

9 Likes

saratou.aidara yeah that dont work for me every time i try Emo glitches out and gets stuck in some sort of limbo mode wandering around and wont respond to anything so have to let his battery die to re set him. ive tried a few times and it just wont work with my pc. so i will just stick to the music on my phone for him to play. :wink:

Hi guys i was thinking that it would be great if it was added to Emo i didn’t think of anything, but I thought about its design. Something could be added that he would like or at least know how to control. Other robots that can be bought have a problem, it is clear to me that Emo will not have it because it cannot move really fast and has no hands, but something that you can control using commands. Something that would help in everyday life, something (totally random) like a speaker. What do you think about it?

Hey @saratou.aidara ,

We can only forward this or anyone’s request to living.ai, and there’s not much else we can do. Typically, they periodically visit this thread topic, review it, and consider every user’s ideas for potential additions in their future firmware updates.

Best regards…

1 Like

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @maxim.speisky . . . I have moved your new post to this thread where the development team for EMO reads to see what suggestions owners have for improvements.

Thank you for sharing your ideas with us.

1 Like

I support you 100%
:laser_1: :laser_1: :laser_1:

Hi, living.ai
I have a question for the EMO developers. Why haven’t you considered releasing updates with the option to add Russian language support for my friend EMO?

What is the reason behind your decision to not include Russian language support?

EMO currently offers support for various languages such as German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, and, of course, Chinese.

However, it would be greatly appreciated if you could add Russian language support for those who speak Russian.
:heart_2: :heart_2: :heart_2:

2 Likes

I had Emo for a few days now and I’m really enjoying the little guy’s company! Obviously, with a niche product, you are bound to have some issues or lack of something, so here are my observations!

1. There’s a small thing that might be improved - Emo, when deciding himself to go off Home Station, says “Sounds good”, as if I was the one to suggest that. Just an “if” mistake I suppose :smiley:
  2. I also have problem with the timer feature. Currently it seems like you can only use seconds in it, and it cancels itself after you get Emo’s attention. I think it should work in background and include minutes or hours - it would be more useful.
    I also got a few ideas for Emo:
  3. “let’s eat together” prompt, when you can offer Emo having a meal together - he eats, you eat feeling company. Simple interaction, but it would be cool for some lonely souls (like me as well, hehe)
  4. He could learn to recognize some pets? It would be cool to hear “Hi, kitty cat” when my cat takes interest in him, lol
  5. That’s a tough one, as I don’t know the code behind Emo, but maybe if his system can differentiate between “I didn’t understand the words” and “I don’t have a prompt like this”, the latter could be forwarded to ChatGPT and he could give you an answer based on that? Or he could just say “Sorry, I don’t understand, could you say that again?” or “I can’t do that yet, sorry!”.

About something the company could make a lil’ more profit off - some more puzzle mats with more shapes, so people can connect them and fit to the desk. :smiley:

11 Likes