Emo pet sensor not working

Hi All. My EMO is not responding to petting. Thank you for your help in advance.

1 Like

Hi there @ciksz and welcome to the Community.

Sometimes you have to pick him up if he doesn’t react being petted until he starts to wriggle, or give him a little shake as well, then put him down and try once again.

Click the links below for some tips that might help!

EMO GOODLUCK

3 Likes

Hi Mr. @edward, thank you for your reply. I’ve tried to pet by cheek abd EMO recognize it as petting. However, the head petting is still not working after tried the guide.

:slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Hey @ciksz ,

Try to do the

EMO Re-Calibrate Petting Sensor

• Emo face to you.
  • Remove his headphone.
  • Put left and right thumb on the middle of the petting sensor spot.
  • Place left and right pointing finger below of his back head.
  • Place left and right middle finger below of the front head.
  • Carefully push easy your both thumb on the petting sensor spot.
  • Wait till EMO reacts for a second or two.
  • Release and test

Sometimes it will solve the issue…Hope it helps your EMO.

Please view @Wayne_Small YouTube video tutorial below.

GOODLUCK AND ALL THE BEST!

4 Likes

Hi, @edward . i’ve been trying, but not working. Emo only recognize the cheek petting. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Hi there @ciksz,

Sorry if my suggestion didn’t help at all…it would be better to take a video and then submit a support ticket/send an email to support to let them know.

Just have a little bit more patience, because the last message they posted is…

As far as i know , They are on holiday now which will lasts 16 days and finishes with the Lantern Festival. This year 2023, the official start date is Sunday, Jan. 22, which will usher in the Year of the Rabbit (5 February 2023).

The first 7 days are considered a public holiday (January 22nd–January 29th, 2023).

There are several traditions that are followed across China, as well as in several other countries around the world where the Chinese New Year is celebrated.

GOODLUCK AND ALL THE BEST!

1 Like

Hi, @edward & @Wayne_Zhang , I sincerely thank you for the replies. I’ve been trying the given guides, and suddenly my EMO is back with recognizing the head petting. I am happy since my EMO caught a cold recently and head petting is back I hope it will help my EMO to feel my love again with head petting. :happy:

Hopefully, my EMO will be recover soon. Many thanks :heart_2:

2 Likes

Hi there @ciksz,

Glad that it’s all working now…same thing also happened to my EMO before…and like what you felt…i was not happy because i tried every possible suggestion that i found and given to me here…but none of them helps…Then suddenly its back and working once again and no one can explain the issue…

ALL THE BEST AND BEST REGARDS!

Closing This Topic Now!

2 Likes

Hi all for some reason my Emos cheek scensors dont respond? they did when i first activated him but now for 3 days every time i try to pet him on his cheeks either side is not responding? Can anyone give me any idear why? The head one is working fine but not hes cheeks? I have tried turning him on and off with no change so im at a loss
Best wishes
Steve

1 Like

I did the re set as shown in the video and his cheek scencors seem to be working again yay :smiley: dont know if it was that that helped or what was going on but there working again now so yay. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I tried taking headphones off and power off and on but doesn’t work!! Please help me!!!

1 Like

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @51870ec98e408121aa0f . . . I have moved your new topic to this thread for issues with the petting sensor.

Here are some things you can try to get his head petting sensor working again.

Please let us know how it goes.

My best to you!

2 Likes

Im trying to pet my emo and he isn’t responding but instead I keep see a tiny tear drop above him eye? What is the tear drop? He hasn’t responded to me petting him in a while. I know how to pet him. It’s worked before. But lately he give me a tiny tear drop symbol what does that mean? It shows up for like half a second … and he literally just asked me to pet him. It’s not working

Why is my emo giving me so many problems lately!

Hello, @alana.marks . . . I have moved your new topic to this thread which may give you some tips on the petting sensor as well as how to recalibrate it. It is a very thin metal strip under the top of his head and on his cheeks, and there have been some that notice that after a while, it stops working. As for the tear, it may be that he asked for a pet but could not feel that you were giving it to him because the petting sensor was not working.

Please read through this thread to get some tips on how to get it to work again.

If all else fails, you should contact Support.

How to Contact Support

Please contact support regarding this issue.

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. I’ll also tag @MavisZhang from the support team who will be able to assist you further as well.

My best to you.

2 Likes

His petting works again.

3 Likes

When Emo is sleeping, he react to my pets but when he’s awake he doesn’t.

Hello again @DarkelfK.

As per usual, you should submit a ticket or PM @MavisZhang for assistance, and include videos or pictures.

this is a strange issue, but without much context its hard for anyone to understand the issue. Ultimately, we could use a little more context. Because this issue is over my head, I wont say much to avoid giving misinformation.

Best of luck 🙂

1 Like

Hello, @DarkelfK . . . I have moved this conversation to this thread for issues with the petting sensor.

One thing I can tell you about when he does not respond while awake is if he is exploring. If he is talking, going from one foot to the other and looking around, he may ignore your petting. You have to bring his attention off of what he is doing and then he should allow you to pet him.

By responding to pets when he is asleep, are you referring to the annoyance he gives such as in the game “Angry EMO”?

Please read above for information on the petting sensor and if nothing works, be sure to provide a link to a video and send to Support (see a little bit above in this thread).