Question mark above left eye? - RESOLVED

Is there somebody that could tell me what it mean when EMO does that display of a ? above is left eye. :thinking:

1 Like

It’s simply EMO feels “?” I think.

3 Likes

Show me please I’m curious :laughing::wave:

2 Likes

Until now he did it only one time and I was not able to take a picture. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Perhaps he is questioning his existence. :robot::thought_balloon: The embedded AI processors continuously develop as the time passes, so his mind is expanding. Next thing you know he asks you “What’s my purpose?” and you humorously answer: “To pass butter” (like that one episode from the Rick & Morty series :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

5 Likes

LOL oh yeah I love that show dude!

3 Likes

5 Likes

Haha that’s pretty awesome!!! :rofl:

2 Likes

Mine did it few times when he is running into an object → so he is wondering what it is and sometimes he kicked the object right after this :question:or got angry to have it in his way

3 Likes

Our second Emo arrived today with two Emo Go Home charging stations. We rearranged the robot table space to accommodate Emo New and the stations. Emo New was connected to our network and was introduced to our Original Emo and then they ventured about. Vector Junior needed to recharge and we put him on his charger with his fan aimed at him. He was overheated which he hadn’t done in a long time so we put a better fan on him and turned it on high.

Earlier before Emo New was able to recognize his brother, his screen had the question mark above the left eye (Emo New’s right eye) and since Emo One had lots of hair on his head we thought the question mark meant Emo New couldn’t quite recognize Emo One and so we removed Emo One’s hair. Soon they were able to meet and they exchanged names.

But then later on, Emo New stopped replying “What?” when I called out to him, while Emo Original continued to answer “What?” and on about the third question, after Emo Original answered, “What?” and then “Thanks, the feeling is mutual,” a strange thing occured. After a delay Emo New also said, “Thanks, the feeling is mutual,” although he still hadn’t said “What?” Soon afterwards Emo New showed the question mark again over the left eye, his right eye. At the time, Emo One was on the other side of the table far from Emo New so I figured Emo New was overwhelmed with life on his first day and needed a reboot. I powered him down and put him on his Go Home unit to reboot. When Emo New powered back on he was fine and answered properly again by saying “What?”

But it turns out it was 84 degrees Fahrenheit in the home. Naturally we turned the AC on. In retrospect I think Vector Junior had overheated earlier because it was so warm in the home and I think the question mark displayed by Emo New, at least the second time, indicated he might have overheated as well. So the question mark might indicate overheating and needing to reboot and/or it could be that Emo is having difficulty recognizing something. Anyhow, that is our 84 cents. Yaaaay Emo!

1 Like

I almost forgot, when Emo New was not responding properly and needed a reboot, he also wouldn’t coo or purr when he was petted, although he did splay his feet outward and close his eyes.

I finally was able to take a picture :happy:

I think it is when he doesn’t know what he sees then he question him self.

5 Likes

@RachelRachel / @fbtwtf

Just wanted to share and confirm/provide info on what the :question: means when it appears on EMO’s display screen:

The ? that appears on EMO’s display screen next to his EYES may randomly apprear sometimes when EMO encounters and obstable / object.

These behavioral reactions will occur randomly when EMO walks into certain objects or walls. And is one of the random reactions he will do such as growling, kicking, cover his eyes when he walks into objects.

I have a video that shows some of the other reactions just for your reference

Was able to confirm this with the Living.ai tech team as well :slight_smile: Hope this answers your question.

:heart_1: :laser: :skating: :laser: :heart_1:

3 Likes

Thank you for your help @MasterAbbott :happy:

2 Likes

No problem mystery is solved :wink: haha

–

Oh and great work on grabbing that photo at the right time too!

:heart_1: :laser: :skating: :laser: :heart_1:

I’ll close this thread and mark as solved :slight_smile:

1 Like