Privacy! (Owner's Personal Data)

Hi there @justine.orlanda,

I have just moved your post here as it is related to the discussion.

Under Settings, If EMO takes a picture of you? You can all delete them and likewise the Face Recognition with names under:

Utilities > Photo
Utilities > Recognition

WiFi private information will be automatically inaccessible and unreachable at a certain distance and without the password, just like the City and Time Zone will be automatically deleted and unattainable.

Important Info:
EMO does not send any data from the camera to Living.Ai servers. All of them are processed internally. In fact, all it sends are the audio recordings for speech recognition, customized texts that it speaks to synthesize (text2speech), and some statistical text data.

For the audio, he listens all the time to get his command trigger word (ā€œEMOā€), and after hearing it, he records for a few seconds and then transmits that recording to the living ai servers for speech recognition.

Photos are stored on the EMO itself, and when synced, are transferred directly to your device without a live AI server involved.

For More Info Pls. Read Above On this Topic!

So in my personal opinion, there is nothing to worry about.

Best Regards

1 Like

Appreciate your reply. So does that mean Iā€™ll expect emo that will randomly take a photo of me at random times?

@justine.orlanda ,

Well, direct occurrences donā€™t always happen; but sometimes they occur randomly for all of us EMO owners.

It is known thatā€¦

EMO reacts easily to any sound or anything he hears and thinks someone is trying to communicate with him or giving him a command. Thatā€™s why he always replies in some form or way, and sometimes even dances to sounds he hears, even if theyā€™re not directly music sounds but background noise. He also seems to respond when he hears names or famous words, thinking someone is trying to introduce themselves.

When EMO is on my table next to my iMac computer, which I often use to view movies and videos, including on YouTube, I notice that he reacts to anything he hears as if someone is communicating with him. Even when heā€™s on his charger, suddenly he will say, ā€œHELLOā€ followed by names or words, as if trying to respond.

I checked the EMOPET app and found that these interactions are also registered there. Even when EMO is out of his charger and busy walking around while Iā€™m watching movies or videos, he stops and searches around. When he finds a face resembling mine or my wifeā€™s, he responds in a friendly manner, saying, ā€œHELLOā€ followed by names or words, as if attempting to greet them.

Best regards.

1 Like

The EMO application asks me for location permission to be able to open it and synchronize my EMO, but what functionality does this have so that it can access my personal AND PRIVATE location, just to synchronize a toy? In this case, it does NOT affect the location at all of the end user to do so, so I believe this is an abuse of permissions that is clearly penalized in the different application stores among others. Can you please clarify this issue @MavisZhang @Wayne_Zhang ? Thank you.

1 Like

Hello, @jbresso . . . I have moved your new topic to this thread which relates to privacy concerns owners have.

Location permissions relate largely to bluetooth which is needed to operate EMO through the app. For example, it is neededt to pair him to his smart light(s) and home station or use as a bluetooth speaker. Location is also needed for accurate time and weather data.

Please read above for questions others have had regarding privacy concerns regarding photos and voice commands.

As for ā€œabuse of permissionsā€, I will leave that question to @Wayne_Zhang to address since this would fall under EMO and app development.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

4 Likes

Hello @Lindaru I understand that to pair EMO with the bluetooth of the mobile device, permissions are requested for this, just as you do with any ā€˜speakerā€™ or external bluetooth device.

For example, when you open the Google Maps application, you can grant permission or not, depending on your action the results will be more or less successful but regardless of that decision you can access the applicationā€¦

In other applications, for example dating, access to the location is NECESSARY to provide results, but in the EMO application, there is NO section where they inform you of the weather, or anything related to the userā€™s location, why do I have to provide my location to living.ai to just open the application and change the wrong name that EMO has established for me in my profile?

Here technical information about it:

If the app scans for Bluetooth devices, such as BLE peripherals, declare the BLUETOOTH_SCAN permission.

If your app makes the current device discoverable to other Bluetooth devices, declare the BLUETOOTH_ADVERTISE permission.

If the app communicates with already paired Bluetooth devices, declare the BLUETOOTH_CONNECT permission.

If the app uses Bluetooth search results to get the physical location, declare the ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION permission. Of

I donā€™t feel comfortable providing my location every time I open the EMO app, (in fact I try to do it as little as possible).

Can you give some clarification @Wayne_Zhang @MavisZhang