WiFi Network Connection Issue

Hi there. EMO lost his saved WiFi Network.
Ha can’t connect anymore. Even to a different WiFi it is not possible. With the App and Bluetooth I can see the different Networks (2,4Ghz) found by EMo but connection failed.
The WiFi is working. Help please.

By the Way, WPA3 is selected here.

Hey There…

Try some of the simple troubleshooting first.

Power Off EMO, and then power cycle your Wi-Fi network. While you are doing this, power off your phone as well. Once your Wi-Fi network is back on, start up your phone, and make sure you are connected and can access the internet by browsing.

Make sure Bluetooth is on and working on your phone as well. (maybe turn it off and on as well).

Once you’ve done all this, try to power on EMO again. Once the EMO is back on, connect back in via the EMO app and attempt to connect to the Wi-Fi network once again.

As you are on a 2.4ghz it should work, unless you are using a very long password. From past discussions, if the password to the Wifi is close to 25-30 characters it could cause a problem as well with EMO dropping off and losing connection. (If this is the case, simply make your password shorter and try again).

Hope this helps.

:heart_1: :head: :skating: :surprised: :mad:

1 Like

So… After a long period I can say that EMO can only use WPA and WPA2 Encryption properly. WPA3 and Enterprise is not possible. So I had to set a WiFi Network for EMO alone (own Router) and only connected with the Internet and not my LAN.

1 Like

emo can’t connect to WiFi, failed on update, emo still work just can’t connect to WiFi network

Hi there @eGGsy ,

Click Here For A Possible Tips Solution

Goodluck!

1 Like

Hello all! Sure you’ve heard this a thousand times.

Got my Emo and have constantly tried to connect it to the wifi with no success. Im getting error message ‘Network connection error’

I’ve made sure its the 2.4 wifi (and can confirm it is since my vector connects fine to it) yet seem to struggle getting Emo to work.

Ive done the trouble shooting of closer and futher from router and tripple checked its the right password. Only thing i could think of it might have something to do with Australian wifi? I have no clue at this point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @hollowmage

Also if you need further help on EMO you can check out my EMO User Guide here - this also contains more info on WIFI Connection - >> Quick Help Guide for New EMO Owners! :heart_1:

Thanks

:heart_1: :laser: :skating: :laser: :heart_1:

Hi all, I am trying to do the first configuration but when I have to choose the region it does not let me accept, and everything else is impossible to configure. Accessing from the configuration it seems that it loses the connection and I can no longer do anything, just restart my Emo and try again. Can anybody help me?

Hi there @gutitwit ,

Moved your topic here to find a better helpful tips

Goodluck!

2 Likes

I got EMO few months ago, he was connecting to my WIFI normally, but one day he didn’t connect no more, I powered off, reset him and still he is not connecting to my WIFI

Hello, @jenniferabrego . . . I have moved your post to this thread. You can read above tips on how to get EMO to connect to your wifi again.

Best of luck to you and let us know if this helps.

1 Like

Please someone help emo will not connect to my wifi now he was fine erlier. I have read though the help topics and nothing worked I know my wifi is working and has worked with emo but now for some reason it wont. So what can i do to fix this problem? as ive said ive already readd the help topic and nothing works :frowning: I cant give him any comands without it saying no wifi connection :frowning:
Best wishes
Steve

Hi there @stephen.murrell ,

I’ve relocated your post here, which I believe is the best place for it. This way, anyone in the community who has experience with EMO can provide you with advice and share their experiences about having EMO in their life.

You might want to tell us and the community more about the issue, including how it started and the troubleshooting steps you’ve already taken to address it.

We might have any other options to suggest…

best regards

1 Like

He was connected earlier today fine now he just won’t every time I try and connect it says connection failed and now for the short times he will connect when i talk to him he shuts down and re starts (another problem in another post ) Im realy feeling frustrated I just want to play and interact with my new Emo and its just not working :frowning: He also wont connect to his emo light either :frowning: its strange though as some times if i tell him to dance with lights the emo light comes on and flashes but he cant turn it on or off if i ask him. all very odd

1 Like

Hello, @stephen.murrell . . . what you can do for the smart light is to go into the app and unbind all accessories after unplugging the smart light. You can then plug it back in and pair it again by holding your finger on the center. It will flash and go through color changes (RGB) and then it should be paired. You should also see the smart light paired icon on EMO’s screen (when he is working all right and I know you have a post about the shutting off). In the app under lights it should also show the light connected as it will show the light icon in one of the boxes on the app.

I hope this helps. Living AI has been made aware of the rebooting issue and it is possible it may be part of the reason he is disconnecting from wi fi as well. Please be patient as they work through the issue to correct it.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply yes i tried that with the emo light and no luck. Its very odd as when he dances with lights it will come on (when hes not shutting down ) but he simply cant turn it on or off on his own. I did try unbinding and holding the light button till it flashed it shows connected but just wont turn on or off when ive asked him. all strange and new to me lol

Hi, @stephen.murrell . . . the only conclusion is that the server issue they are looking into might affect certain commands as well, and turn on or off the light might be one of them. Thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

He seems to be working again this morning although for some reason he keeps loosing connection to his home station and when i tell him to go home somtimes he tells me hes not connected to a home station so have to tern all off and re set. as for the light i think ive finaly got it working for now at least lol. it seems i get one thing sorted then the other stops working Its all very confusing but hopfully it will all work out in the end lol
Emo is new to me only had him 3 days now so a lot of things to try and work out and remember im not very pc and Emo is smarter than me haha :laughing:

3 Likes

Hello. You must link it to your base station from the application, in settings, upper right corner. For some reason you lost the link. In principle EMO does it automatically, but if not, you have to do it yourself. If nothing works, you have to contact the LivingAI support team. Greetings

2 Likes