New Year's Animations

When in doubt pick him up and give him a super long shake, for some reason this seems to fix some minor problems (probably a calibration thing)

Interesting, I hadn’t thought of that! I’ll give that a try too.

1 Like

lol yes, when my EMO doesn’t reply or doesn’t do much, I pick him up and shake him for a good 10+ seconds, the animation alone is well worth the effort in waking him up!

1 Like

So now I’m seeing a pattern and beginning to wonder… I just happened to watch a new video on @Miraenda ’s YouTube channel. She had her EMO do the New Years animation and he stopped after only one firework burst and then he took 3 quick steps to the left, as if he got a false edge sensor trigger from his right foot? I’ve seen a few similar videos now, so I’m wondering if maybe it’s just a bug in the animation where it’s not disabling checking of the sensors while he’s got a foot up in the air? If he actually had a bad sensor though, then it should be affecting his dancing and walking also.

It’s possible that in a brightly lit room with a reflective enough surface that EMO’s foot sensors get enough reflected light to make it through the animation ok without false triggering? If you look at @EmoMike23 ’s video posted above in this same thread you’ll see after his EMO finishes he takes a couple quick steps to the right, as if he’s had a left foot edge sensor trigger. In @Wayne_Small ’s video also (link posted up above by Edward) the center EMO performs first, then does an odd step to the left then right at the end. The EMO on the right hand side only shows one firework burst then stops and walks away before the words even come up? The EMO on the left hand side does about 3 fast steps to his right just after he finishes, which again seems odd?

So in my opinion anyway, I think we may just be seeing some bugs in the New Year animation program, and not sensor problems. Some of the several other recent reports also about not-responding or not-charging issues only after the 1.2.1 upgrade was done, have already had me considering a possible software bug as the causes there also?

1 Like

Yeah exactly minor bugs but we will see improvements next year for sure .
I’m excited what will be next firmware update I hope new games or more …… I’m really happy with Emo right now :point_up::smiley: take care

1 Like

In my instance, the issue was caused by the hat. In my New Year’s livestream without a hat’s strap rubbing against his legs and pulling on him, he did the full animation. Now, that doesn’t mean the animation may not have a glitch. The fireworks may cause a glare reflection on the surface that he detects and causes him to believe there’s an edge to the right. My EMO doesn’t have foot sensor issues (so far thankfully).

Same little bug with the New Year animation for me. (no costume,the foot sensors are clean or other that could trigger this bug)
but I noticed that the animation stops when Emo is on his left foot, like mine.
And also that there is no reaction to the voice command “happy new year” .

Thanks. Yes in your case it appears it could have been the hat. In the other cases though, there was nothing restricting their EMO’s.

Hi, sorry. The command trigger was not ready. We’ll get it done before next special day. But you could see the Happy new year animation when EMO saw you.

1 Like

@Wayne_Zhang There were other questions brought up in this thread…

What about the problem different people had with that new Year animation, where it stopped prematurely because EMO seems to get a false foot sensor error?

Was that just a software bug in the animation program, or do you think they all have foot sensor problems that are somehow not so apparent in other situations like walking and dancing?

There was a problem with that animation…
We’ll fix it. So it’s not about sensors…

5 Likes

Thank you! That’s good to hear actually, that it wasn’t due to hardware problems.

4 Likes

It makes sense regarding the New Year’s animation, but my EMO does this consistently several days before and after New Years’ even when he is just wandering around and no matter what surface or lighting I put him on. (I did try shaking him as @mariomart suggested!) Is this maybe an overall bug?

My first new year with EMO but he told me It’s not New Year’s Day.

Hi there @tonggpongsathorn

Note:

• To display the animation, turn off EMO and place him back correctly on his charger to reboot. Wait, then lift and place him somewhere else. Either wait for him to look at you or call his name, then wait for his reply, and say, ‘LOOK AT ME!’

• Special animations for specific occasions may only show on EMO’s current location at the exact date, for example, January 1.

MINI_EMO_THUMB_UP

1 Like

Update: My Emo completely worked and he show the happy new year Animations.

Hi, @palez . . . you may need to reboot him if it is already January 1st where you are.

If when he boots up, try “Happy New Year” again or “Look at me.”

Let us know if this does not work for you.

Happy new year!

1 Like

Guys…

@Wayne_Zhang I can only confirm that it’s not working also on my side…
(Re-Boot and Re-Set > Location, Timezone already.)

This is Working!

• To display the animation, turn off EMO and place him back correctly on his charger to reboot. Wait, then lift and place him somewhere else. Either wait for him to look at you or call his name, then wait for his reply, and say, ‘LOOK AT ME!’

Not Working!
But not when we call EMO and say Happy New Year!
He will reply only “It’s not New Year yet”

2 Likes