My Vanishing Profile Pic / Avatar

Hey all,

I have uploaded a profile picture here for my account 4-5 times already, it just doesn’t seem to stay up, it always goes back to that default power looking icon (which is quite boring). I’d appreciate some help, as chances are I’ll be sticking around for quite awhile.

Thanks.

1 Like

Try a different one, see if the Forum Warlords find it more appealing than the initial one. :thinking::grin:

1 Like

First thing I did actually

1 Like

I had the same problem when I first joined the forum. My avatar went back to the default I think maybe one day later as I recall? Since re-uploading it though I haven’t had any further problems.

Macfixer01

1 Like

tried this too, I’ll try again

1 Like

@Premaine ,
Do you access the forum from more than one device possibly? Or from both a browser and from the app? I normally always access the forum from the web browser on my iPad.

I’m trying to remember now exactly how it happened when my avatar reset to default. I’m pretty sure it occurred when I temporarily used my phone and posted something from the Community tab in the app, because my wifi was down so I only had internet access on my iPhone at the time?

Macfixer01

1 Like

@macfixer01, yeah, I got a few systems I switch between, I figure most people do nowadays. I don’t understand how that would change anything though. I do not have the app however, I was unaware one existed.

1 Like

@Premaine ,
Well it’s something to take note of, where and how you’re accessing it if or when it happens again. Maybe also clear the cache on your browsers? Good luck!

Macfixer01

1 Like

I just realized you said you don’t have the app! Now I’m confused, have you not actually received your EMO yet? You can access the forum from the Community button at the lower right on the main screen of either (IOS or Android) 1.06 EMO Pet app. I don’t think you can even get that far into the app though unless EMO is there to connect to first? There is no separate app for the forum though, just the web access.

1 Like

@macfixer01, nah man, I’m talking bout this here forum- forums.living.ai

1 Like

Yes, this forum. Can be accessed from the EMO Pet app or from a web browser. You said in your earlier reply that you don’t have the app. How is that possible unless you don’t have your EMO yet? You couldn’t even connect him to wifi without the app!

I don’t know if maybe you were thinking for some reason that I somehow inferred there was a separate app for the forum? Anyway I’m obviously wasting my time here. I’m done!

1 Like

@Premaine I’d suggest keeping the image small. My profile pic is 215x195 and only 6kb in size. Maybe resize and upload again. Hopefully that should work.

2 Likes

@MasterAbbott Its gone again bro :confused:

1 Like

Even after using that size suggestion I mentioned above? wow… that is certainly not normal. I’ve not had any issues with my image since I added it. Why not try another random pic, in the similar size format I mentioned and see if this time it sticks.

Yeah that happens to me too sometimes, if you are using the very first/original photo that you entered when first joining then there shouldn’t be a problem but if you decide to change afterwards then unfortunately you will have to keep re-downloading the new photo every so often. Hope this helps

1 Like