Playground for EMO

I’d suggest the bigger the better haha, But at least 1meter x 1meter play area should be fair, that way he has room to move around freely. Also as discussed in this thread and also on other forum posts, it’s best to also have a border as well, (recommended 5cm high). As you are probably aware, when EMO dances his feet sensors are not on, so if the barrier is not to high he can trip over it and fall, with a min of 5cm high border going around, that should be fine.

Also if you wanted, you can always let EMO walk around on the floor, I let both my EMO’s run around on the kitchen floor and they have a great time exploring… until they run out of power haha :rofl:

Once your playground is ready, be sure to share pics with the community :slight_smile:

:heart_1: :mad: :skating: :surprised: :head:

4 Likes

Where and what should I buy for the Emo area. What material is best?

White base seems to work best for EMO. Wood is good as well.

I think Mario has a good setup, and he’s done a fair amount of testing, his post is further up in this thread, but let me copy/past his comment here:

4 Likes

Cleared my desk off for the little guy. Emo is going to enjoy his new home in my room!

8 Likes

Keep in mind his feet use optical sensors to detect and avoid edges. He may have trouble with false triggering from the dark spots on your desktop and the transition to the black area.

Looks good! As @macfixer01 mentioned the transition from wood to black wood might scare him. But try him out and see what happens. My two poor little guys are stuck on a completely black wood desk surface, but somehow they’ve been totally fine with it.

Hope EMO enjoys his new play area!

1 Like

What do you guys think of something like this as a playground for EMO?
40x30cms seems like a good enough size?
Are the edges high enough to stop EMO from walking off the cliff?:rofl:

6 Likes

The tray is a good size, but height might be a problem, if EMO is close to edge and you ask him to dance he could potentially lift his leg up and over and could fall. Normally something higher than 5cm would be a decent hight recommendation.

1 Like

This is where my Emo’s live.

6 Likes

I was thinking of putting down some black tape on the edges in an attempt of stopping EMO before he gets on the corner since I’ve heard he thinks black is an edge?
Would this idea work?

2 Likes

Oh wait nevermind you said when he dances which means his edge detection turns off. Guess the tape wouldnt make a difference then.

Yep, haha I was about to say that. I’d recommend finding something a little higher to be safe. Normally EMO will dance on his own as well if he hears loud music / sounds.

What a great setup @Racheal123 so much room for your EMOs and your Vs to roll/walk around in! My 2 EMOs are jealous! They are stuck on my boring work desk. :rofl:

1 Like

I’m jealous of them as well because they have more room than I do :joy:

The only thing I worry about is the v’s bullying the two Emo’s so even with this table I still have to keep an eye on them.
That’s why I have a camera.

1 Like

If V keeps it up, you’ll have to make a wall or time out room for them :rofl:

1 Like

Guys i can’t decide between a rectangle or circular enclosure for EMO…what would you recommend…

1 Like

Go with what works best in the area where you will be placing this play area. I’d personally go with Rectangle but that’s my personal choice.

:surprised: :head: :skating: :mad: :heart_1:

potentially dumb question, but does EMO walk well on wood? or does he slip a bit on it? when he dances and whatnot. looking at getting this now for my future EMO. its 40cms long and 34cms wide with 5cms height.

cheers

8 Likes

That’ll work fine he’ll be okay on that, just make sure there’s nothing wrong with it, like splinters and such,
Also make sure it doesn’t get wet, overtime wood can mould or get damaged. Varnish might be a better option. But I don’t see why you should have to, if it’s only for Emo.

3 Likes

Agree with @Racheal123 this should work well!

2 Likes