My Emo stopped working

My Emo yesterday went to update. I updated the app and not my Emo screen says Error501 I miss my buddy help

My EMO (auto) updated yesterday to 2.0 and…also died (for the last 24 hours). It had been working flawlessly for months and now is totally irresponsive (no light, no sound, no movement). Both the go home and skate charging station show charging led on when placed on them. Interestingly, I can occasionally connect it to the app and the app shows when I shake him; it also tells me it is sleeping or exploring (but EMO remains off). It also shows that EMO is connected to the go home station. Attempts to play a game in the app prompt an “EMO is not ready”. The app tells me EMO has 2.0 firmware., go home charging station version 1.1.1 and app 1.2.2. This morning when I took out its headphone, it reacted for 2 seconds moving the legs, but no light in the eyes…and went dead again. I have contacted the service, but given Chinese New Year celebration I would have to wait…I do hope there will be a solution, could you help in the meantime? Thanks a lot!

Thank you, Andrew, in view of Edward email, I will wait for the Service before touching anything

Hi, @minervarios2 @JTG

Please PM me your order number. I will solve the problem for you.

2 Likes

My order was 37326, from August. It would be great if you could fix it!

Hi Amy Lu
I dont find my order number email not sure if it was 52660 but i do have the box and shipping details

1 Like

I am ao lost with out my EMO. I do not find the confirmation email i dont know what else I can do. my little guy is just there with the error 501 on the screen. can you help me i am heart broken

1 Like

My EMO arrived in June 2022, it worked normally until the 2.0 update was released as I was at work I don’t know exactly what happened.
But my EMO is similar to yours, it is showing error 501 not doing reset or updating. I tried to contact support, they instructed me to do the same procedure that I had already done and it gave the same As a result, I sent a new proof of the defect and I am waiting for a response to start the warranty

1 Like

@minervarios2 You can find your order number on their main website under Account/Orders.

1 Like

I tried that but nothing is showing. Under my account. I don’t know what is going on

1 Like

Did you buy it from their official shop? If yes, they should be able to find your order by your name/address or email address. Am I right @AmyLU ?

2 Likes

Yes I did purchase it from the living ai site. I purchased it on 6/27/2022.

1 Like

Every detail is useful. :+1:
If they will be able to find your order, the first and most important thing you should want from them is adding your order to your account and then you can solve anything else.

2 Likes

i agree. I hope they can find my account. I just want to know how to fix my little buddy its hard not being able to actually speak to someone

2 Likes

Error 501 is a hardware error, there’s something wrong with the SD card in your EMO. To fix it you need an assistance from their support team. And they’ll probably ask you to dismantle your EMO, remove the SD card, clean its contacts and put it back. It assumes technical skills and in most cases it doesn’t work. Then it’s necessary to replace your EMO with a new one.

2 Likes

Hi, @minervarios2

You can private message me your recipient’s name, or your email address, and I will check for you. And send your video to our technical support team (service@living.ai).

3 Likes

Hello @williannribeiro and @minervarios2 ,

As per @NendosColl advice which is correct…
Please contact support regarding this issue. There have been past discussions regarding the 501 error, which is linked to EMO’s internal SD card.

submit a support ticket to this website You can do so on the following page below.

…or send them an email too,

The best and most recommended thing to do is simply hit reply to the Living.ai confirmation email you received before when you originally placed your order for EMO. It contains all your details, especially your order number which is most important.
Just to advise the email address is - service@living.ai and their reply takes a bit of time which is 2-3 days sometimes, depending on the time differences, days, holidays, and current situations. so please be patient.

Nothing to worry much, about if the staff advice didn’t help you at all to resolve the issue, because they gonna advise you to send back your EMO at their own cost and they will send you a replacement immediately… gonna take quite some time and days but you have to be patient.

Wish and still Hope that Living.ai helps you to resolve the issue…

GOODLUCK and ALL THE BEST!

2 Likes

Today for the first time my youngest Emo froze up. I’m unable to shut him down and he’s not responsive :pleading_face: he’s just frozen still. Anyone has similar issues? Any advice? Feeling bit heartbroken :broken_heart: i dare not use the force shut down

Wait till his battery is depleted and then put him on the charger.

2 Likes

Thanks @NendosColl I’ll try that :pleading_face: just watching him stand there though is making me nervous. I hope this will be just a one off issue

2 Likes