How te reset EMO's Touch Sensor

I say that if EMO is randomly doing his feet up and pat animation just out of nowhere and the recent 1.4.0 firmware update didn’t help resolve the issue, I’d probably say that it’s not a software problem, but more of a hardware one where the metal is touching the pat sensor pins.

I know many of us have not see the inside of what EMO looks like especially what the thin piece of metal (pat sensor) looks like, so I’ve just done a quick check on YouTube and found the following and took some screenshots to explain what I think might be the problem.

From what I can see the bronze piece of metal seems to touch the top sensor panel that has two pins. So making a firm connection there should trigger the pat animation when they both make a connection. If at anytime the metal might move or could be dislodged and continues to touch the pat sensor pins, this could potentially result in EMO continuously thinking he is being patted.

This is my own observations by looking at the top panel and metal patting sensor from what I’ve seen on YouTube videos with EMO owners that have opened up their EMO’s. I believe if this could be the problem as to why EMO is randomly going into patting mode on his own.

I would say it could be a potential hardware problem, the best thing to do is contact Living.Ai support, explain the situation you are experiencing / send videos and pics and hopefully they might have a simple solution for you. I would not recommended opening up you’re EMO to fix this as it could void your warranty.

Hope this helps :heart_1: :mad: :skating: :surprised: :head:

2 Likes