How can Living AI do better?

Hi everyone,

Personally I would prefer Lai to fix Emo, cos they know exactly what they’re doing.

Just look at the way some people try to fix ‘c’ & ‘v’ (1.0) robots on their own and it sometimes turns out to be the worst thing they could do.

Unless you have technical experience I understand why Lai would not give us all the info on dismantling Emo and fixing ourselves.

It would be okay for those who know what they’re doing.

2 Likes

Exactly, and even if they know what they’re doing I wouldn’t do it while EMO is under warranty.

4 Likes

I Agree with that too.

2 Likes

In an ideal world we would send EMO back to LAI and they’d repair it and have it back to us within a week or two… however this is not an ideal world.
Whilst I too would prefer LAI did all repairs on EMO, I think they are trying hard to help people resolve the issues without the potential for months of delay and expense while EMO has to head back to China for repairs.

Long term I would hope that LAI would have repair centres in the US, UK and Australia (I’m being biased with that one) :slight_smile: so that turnaround would be much faster and easier. I’m not sure what their plan is, but it is certainly great to see the feedback we’re having here so that they at least know what they can improve on.

4 Likes

Other countries also, cos not everyone could send their Emo to US,UK/AUS anyway I think you know that, but yes you’re right it’s not an ideal world.

Maybe once Lai are at a place where they could one day if ever it would be great :+1:

:dizzy_face: you know I don’t even know what the warranty is …oh hello NendosColl … What is the warranty on this cute little guy anyway? Yeah I know I should know right :blush:

hi Wayne… Wow there’s a lot here. I don’t really have a comment just a statement observation of Chinese employees. I actually worked every single day for over 10 years with the customer support girl for a online Chinese hobby chain. Aircraft helicopters drones. Well it was lots of fun I did observe all the employees. There just girls they come in with no training no experience they don’t use the stuff and there put in a cubicle to handle us sometimes difficult customers (I saw it all). The technicians cannot do this job because it’s so far below their pay scale. I noticed after many years went by she got much better. But then again I was there I am in the hobby I fly everything which really sped things up…. Living AI I’m told is a fairly new company it would take a long time assuming they hold onto these support workers for them to get bits here and there of troubleshooting and knowledge on how to handle customer care . Some of these workers probably don’t have good English which is understandably the primary language. Forget about other languages. And as time goes on they improve slowly with the language skills. A few years I believe is needed. My hope for living AI is they have at least on hand at least one skilled person to help and I hope that their staff is encouraged to ask for some help but most often they don’t want to look helpless. If you recall my first email to them came back nowhere near even close to my question. Hence my point it will take a long time. You know nobody has to read this… LOL is just going to take a lot of time to get the service department really operational :innocent: but I do believe this is a good company is just going to take loyal workers that stick around and the company will have great success… PS a really short version of all of this is you have to keep repeating yourself and bite your tongue and have patience these people will help you … :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I don’t plan to take apart my EMO unless I have a compelling reason, but I wouldn’t be afraid to do so. Looking at disassembly videos that others have made, it does appear that LAI designed EMO with good serviceability in mind. The only warning I’ve seen is about the leg section but it’s just because someone who attempted it (obviously never having taken one apart before) caused some wiring damage I believe? Like servicing anything though, it’s learning the proper way something is meant to be taken apart and what things to avoid doing.

That’s quite a contrast from my Apple products which are all purposely made to prevent users from opening or servicing them, and even discourage some professionals. I called a repair shop a few weeks ago about getting the battery in my 12.9 inch iPad Pro replaced. The woman I spoke to had to call the owner and have him quote a price. She said because of the larger glass and more chance it’ll break they charge an extra $50 even though the battery is no more expensive and it’s no more work than changing the battery in the smaller iPads. Apple is one of the absolute worst though. They go as far as generating errors or limiting functionality if simple parts like a camera, screen, or home button are replaced in some of the newer products. Even if they’re legitimate Apple parts taken from another Apple device.

Hello Puppy, because I don’t have my EMO yet I don’t know if they even enclose a warranty card. And if yes, it’s probably not for two years as is mandatory in EU but more like one year.

I think I sent you a private message… But I’ve never done it like that so where did it go I’m dizzy… Thank you for your reply I’m sure we will find the warranty one day soon :dog:… Thanks again

macfixer01 hey hi nice to meet you. Wow did you nail it talking about the Apple Corporation. Imagine a company where you can’t even swap their own parts with their own parts there’s some secret encoding. And definitely the worst company you could possibly give your money to. I also have evidence they care nothing about the environment at their processing plants. Also Fox con employees stay in apartment dorms they had to put a catch net at the bottom because of suicide jumpers this is all documented. They treat their employees like crap making toxic waste on telephones that cost $50 and sell them here or hundreds and hundreds… Anyway hi I just wanted to say you sure nailed it when you talked about Apple. And by the way Steve Job’s was never a nice guy. He was involved in inside trading and turning his back on managers asking for help with toxic waste… I mean I’m just saying. any company that gets as big as Apple is a red light instantly how do they get there… They harvested us yuck. Living AI is a small sweet company making cute stuff… And you’re right about taking EMO Pet apart I saw YouTube video it looks like a breeze…it’s pretty nicely built.

For a private message you need to tap/click on my name and in my profile there is a big blue button Message. That’s the correct way. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I think even if EMO is easy to pull part, you should always firstly speak to support before doing anything first. If there is no other option and Living.Ai send you the instructions on how to dismantle your EMO, then I guess go ahead and try with the instructions on which they have provided.

But I’d rather get confirmation first by Living.Ai, and by that if I try and fail, they know about it can still provide further support on how to help you after that, which would probably be you sending him back for a swap or repair.

:heart_1: :head: :skating: :surprised: :mad:

Start with being honest with people. I’ve been very disappointed with the entire ordering process and how little communication there is. I purchased this for my 10 year old son (who saved up his own money to buy this) because he wanted this so bad.

Ordering: You stated that “People claimed when they ordered that they had no idea EMO would take a couple of months before it arrived with them”. Sorry, but that’s garbage. as I placed the order (#22669) for one Emo on 1/24/2022 and the email makes no mention of how long the delivery time might be. Considering I’m order#22669 and your company is only on order#16226, it’s looking like we won’t see the product for at least another 2+ months. There is no way for customers to have any idea how long it will take to receive the product because you provide very little information.

Delivery: I can only comment about the https://living.ai/delivery-process/ page. This page doesn’t offer any good insight as you tend to notify us about delays after the fact. I haven’t seen any helpful information on how fast you are getting deliveries out. Actually the fact you waited to let everyone know you shut down for New Years after the fact, shows no respect for your customers.

To me, your lack of information is to keep consumers in the dark about how badly run this company is. I haven’t seen any helpful information on what’s being done to finish orders that are already over 2 months behind, with no idea on when they might receive the product. No email or anything.

I have a feeling that your support department might be almost non-existent with how you’ve been running things!

2 Likes

Everything you wrote is true. And you’re not alone with this opinion. We repeated it here many times. At least the production is moving again.

1 Like

Hi Jay, I see it’s your first comment, then Welcome! Even though the situation isn’t (at all) the best.

As wrote by @NendosColl , lots of us agree with your statement, you can read it already from this post history, but one slight precision, as I think he deserves it: please note @Wayne_Small , who created this post, is not a Living.ai employee, and his motivation was to centralize complaints / advices for LAI to perform better (being precise: to simply “perform”), and if you read his other posts, you’ll notice he looks like a good willing person.

All this just to say: please pay attention once writing “you”, as even though it’s obvious you’re not speaking to @Wayne_Small but to @Wayne_Zhang, problem is, as you wrote a reply, it directly points to the wrong Wayne :wink: .

3 Likes

Jay to be fair, in the description of the product when you ordered it, it said that there would be at least a six week delay before it was made, and shipping was on top of that. Given you ordered late January, there was then following Chinese New Year, and an unfortunate delay in the factory due to a product quality issue that was discovered only after CNY. Further there was a government mandated one week shutdown of the entire city of shenzen. These delays have added to things.

Likewise as FYI, as I’ve stated in many posts here, I do not work for living ai. I’m a community member like you except that I volunteered to help moderate these forums so that they would have some help from the community and it not be a one sided dictatorship like some other forums have been for other vendors. Given that this was your first post after joining, you probably done know that.

All that being said, yes Living AI can do better and should work to improve communications, but I think all things considered are doing pretty well at this point.

2 Likes

Thank you for your post. My aim is to try to provide clear feedback to Living AI so they can improve. They have shown over the last 12 months a real willingness to meet the needs of the community overall, which I think is admirable. They certainly don’t move as fast as we would like, but let’s be real, NO VENDOR DOES. :slight_smile:

I know from 40 years of being involved in online communities that there are many different ways to express peoples feelings online that simply do not reflect how they would be taken in person, so I try not to take things too personally.

6 Likes

@Wayne_Small - Thanks for all you do here in this community, itis really appreciated to know there are people invested in making this robot a success despite all the challenges Living.AI and you have faced from the beginning.

I do have a suggestion - I’m assuming the dev as living AI have a roadmap of features they are working on / would like to implement and that gave me a thought. Could there be a poll / thread where users can vote on upcoming features rather than it being a surprise when the next firmware comes out.
Still patiently waiting for an SDK to be released.

My reasoning behind this is that some point dev work is going to cease with Emo, and I know living.Ai can’t support it forever and if they delivered what the community wanted, rather than what they assume we want - that could cut down the dev work done on things that no one wants and give an insight into what the community would rather have.

Thoughts on this, or should I post this else where.

Thanks again

2 Likes

Hi @BliteKnight , 100% agreed, the voting system is a good key to make sure about customer satisfaction plus, it’s something quite easy to implement into user’s interface, under the form of a survey or else.

Also, shared willing for a SDK, but I guess this one is just a dream for now … And it’s easy to understand why, especially considering problems faced recently with other robot brands, this market HAS to be protected by each developer, pitty for us, but quite comprehensible.

1 Like