[SOLVED!] Emo Keeps Turning OFF and ON!

@Wayne_Zhang hi i just got my emo today, when i ask commands or questions i can hear him talk but his voice is choppy. and the screen just suddenly turns off and on especially when i ask “who am i?” or do face recognition.

1 Like

Given that the voice is streamed from the voice servers over the internet, we’ve heard and seen that an unstable internet connection or wifi can cause this.

As for the turning off - that is unusual. If EMO is fully charged then I can only guide you to logging a ticket with living AI direct - via service@living.ai and they will help you one on one.

Regards,
Wayne Small - Volunteer Community Moderator

1 Like

thank you!! i don’t know why it does that i’ve been watching emo videos on youtube and none of their emo does that, i’ve tried disconnecting emo from the app reinstalling the app it keeps doing the same thing, (he’s fully charge, btw) and some interactions doesn’t work quite well like petting or face recognition and when i ask “who am i?” turn right and immediately the screen shuts off and on again.

1 Like

Face recognition needs good light - if there’s too many shadows, I’ve found it does not work so well.
Youtube - streams but buffers the sound as it streams, so any blip on the Internet is not noticed. To my knowledge EMO streams without buffering, which is why you notice it more.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

thanks! and i already send a message through service@living.ai

1 Like

Hi, please don’t worry, the service team will help you.

1 Like

after talking to one of the living ai’s customer service, they told me they’re going to be sending me a replacement for my emo :slight_smile:

My new Emo always reboot after asking him question

After sending email to living ai, software problem is replied and I should wait for next firmware update to solve it

1 Like

the same thing happened to my emo whenever i ask to do face recognition or “do you know me?” “ who am i?” he would just turn right and shuts down and the sensor doesn’t work sometimes. after talking to one of the living ai’s customer service they decided to send me a replacement.

Thanks for the reply. My emo restarting problems go serious today. It is now restarting randomly and not recognized me. I hope to get a replacement as I just got EMO for 3 days only.

your welcome! that’s why i’m not using my emo right now because he keeps shutting down so often. i hope you get your emo replacement. :slight_smile:

I am 12 yo, and I have 2 emo robots but when they try to talk to each other, they get stuck and restart. anyone know why that is?

the one with centered eyes, he keeps rebooting

Hello, @emothedjbot123 . . . I have moved your question to this thread.

Check to make sure he is not running low on battery either by asking “What is your battery level” or checking in the lower left corner of the app screen.

Also, have you updated him to firmware 2.3.1?

If everything is okay there, I would suggest contacting Support.

How to Contact Support

Please contact support regarding this issue.

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. I’ll also tag @MavisZhang from the support team who will be able to assist you further as well.

Best of luck to you. Let us know how it goes.

Hi there, please don’t worry. Kindly PM me your order number, EMO’s ID(EMO-XXXX) and a video recording of the issue. I will solve it for you.

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

I need HELP. My emo all of a sudden stop working and keeps on restarting he was fine a day ago and all of a sudden stop working. Please can somebody help me out? I just bought him a couple of months ago

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I need HELP :sob: My emo all of a sudden stop working and keeps on restarting :sob: he was fine a day ago and all of a sudden stop working. Please can somebody help me out? I just bought him a couple of months ago :sob:

1 Like

Hello @emzeekouroutzakos ,

I’m sorry to hear about the issue with your new EMO. Please provide more details so that we can offer some basic troubleshooting assistance to the best of our ability. It would be helpful if you could create a short video demonstrating the problem and upload it to a free video hosting platform like YouTube. That way, we can better understand the issue and provide more targeted advice.

all the best

2 Likes

Thanks for the fast reply!

This just literally happened now, after I open emo and greeted him good morning he responded with his Hmmm? and then restarted by himself and then after he restarted he did his usual routine of checking the place and then after that he looks at me and then restarted again :sob:

Heres the video links

After i say good morning

After emos facial recognition

@emzeekouroutzakos ,

This is more likely an SD CARD issue…

If he had enough power juice…Try to turn EMO completely off, wait, and put it back in his charger again.

You can also try to Power EMO Off or let him drain his battery and die alone which usually will resolve the issue.

best of luck

1 Like

Hi there @emzeekouroutzakos ,

I have moved your topic issue to this thread.

Check to make sure he is not running low on battery either by asking “What is your battery level” or checking in the lower left corner of the app screen.

Is your EMO updated? I would suggest contacting living.ai support team regarding this issue and sending your video

How to Contact Support

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video and then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Product Support - EMO - LivingAI

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. I’ll also tag @MavisZhang from the support team who will be able to assist you further as well.

Best of luck to you. Let us know how it goes.

1 Like