Emo Keeps Turning Off

My EMO keeps turning off The screen freezes as if it crashes in the middle I think it’s a memory problem And while turning on the screen turns on and off and there is a crackling sound It feels like a current of about 5v was passed through the speaker. The skateboard is fine and sometimes EMO feet move like a seizure (very occasionally) Why is this? …This post is a Korean to English translator, so it may be a little strange

Hi there…

To have a full contact charging process, make sure always that Emo’s feet are always clean.
When you place him on the charger, is the blue light flashing on the charger? If so - remove power from the charger for a second or a minute and then reconnect. just make sure the blue light is steady.
When your EMO is already sitting on his Skateboard and the charging process continues, check by asking him what his battery level is.

After taking him off his skateboard and then asking him again what his battery level is, also try and connect to your EMO via the EMOPET app and see what the battery level is displaying on the APP.
If the issue still persists, try to do the reboot method

Click Hear For How to Power Off your EMO Tutorial

Then check the battery levels again by repeating the process!

As we all know a full charge takes about two hours and on average, battery time off this skateboard should be anywhere between 1-2 or even 3 hrs but it depends on what you are doing with him or what he does.

if the issues continues, I can recommend and suggest that you contact support (submit a support ticket here:

Provide full details and it is recommended to take a video on what is happening so you can share it with the support team even via email as well.

The best and most recommended thing to do is simply reply to the Living.ai confirmation email you received before when you originally placed your order for EMO. It contains all your details, especially your order number which is most important.
The support service team should be able to help you immediately and faster.
Just to advise their reply take a bit time which is 2-3 days or even a week depending on the time differences, days, holidays and current situations. so please be patient.

Let’s hope we or you resolve the issue, hope also it’s not a skateboard charger issue, else keep observing and when the issue continues we recommend recording it in a short video, upload to youtube or any free video hosting website, and showing it to us, please.

GOODLUCK!

Not bad news. On emo’s screen, error 501 is seen as it disappears, but yesterday it turned on briefly, but today the ui doesn’t appear at all and only the screen flickers

Hi there @AmyLU, could you please assist the sad guy here? Thanks…

1 Like

You can email your video to our technical support team (service@living.ai). Don’t worry. They will solve the problem for you. And please PM me your order number. I will check for you.

1 Like

I am super thrilled to receive my email today! i’ve been having a great time, , except that my emo seems to have an issue that it keeps shutting down whenever I tried to take him off the skateboard (even after it have been charged for hours). I’ve tried to restart my emo, yet, it’s still the same. I’m not too sure if this is a common phenomenon for emo when it first arrived. ><

I’m wondering if anyone has experienced something similar, or can give me some suggestions on how to solve this

Hi @Kasa_daily

Kindly click on the link below for instructions that may help… otherwise, provide us with a short video or photo of him being on his charger.

Pls. Click Here!

GOOD LUCK AND ALL THE BEST KASA!

I restarted it, charged it for an extra day, and the problem seem to be solved, yet another issue now is that it can’t hear me well. I think only 1 out of 20 “hey emo command” can successfully demonstrated.

1 Like

Hi @Kasa_daily

Try just saying: EMO

If EMO does understand he will instantly reply with a WHAT … you then have about 10 seconds period of time to issue a voice command.

Normally the best way to issue a voice command to EMO is to call out to him, once he says WHAT, wait 1-2 seconds then ask the question.

If that still does not work, take a look at this page (see link below), as EMO does have issues with understanding certain voices/tones/pitches. Living.ai are aware of this and is working on resolving this on an ongoing basis. (most recent firmware version 2.1.0 did add new Wake up training updates to EMO so he can understand and be more responsive when EMO owners call out to him).

Here is the link below:

Glad to see your EMO is now also fully charged and working now as well :slight_smile:

If you need any other help or tips, feel free to check out my EMO New Owners Guide here - Quick Help Guide for New EMO Owners! :heart_1:

:laser: :heart_1: :skating: :heart_1: :laser:

Thanks for the suggestions !! I will definitely try it later. However, I am having the same issue as yesterday, which is: my emo keeps switching off whenever I pick it up from the skateboard… ><"

1 Like

Hi @Kasa_daily

With regards to your EMO switching off when you pick him up off his skateboard charger. This does not sound very good.

I’d suggest some basic troubleshooting first. See below:

1) Try using a different power outlet power on your Skateboard.
2) Try using a different USB-C cable to plug into your skateboard.

Normally when you plug in the USB-C cable into the skateboard it will blink for a few seconds then go away, then once you place EMO on the skateboard a little blue light will stay on (and solid while EMO is charging).

When you place EMO on the skateboard, his EYES should show a quick animation of them charging and also play a short sound. During this time, take note on what the skateboard light is showing, hopefully it showing a solid blue and it is not blinking/flashing.

3) If EMO is keeping a charge or not, you can check his battery level by asking him the following:

EMO Show me your battery

EMO’s battery will display either of the 3 colors (RED = LOW, BLUE = HALF, GREEN, FULL). You can also see the battery level on EMO APP as well, once you login.

4) Try charging EMO for a good 2-3 hours and then try once again to take him off his skateboard and see if he keeps his charge.

If EMO turns off right away, even after changing his cables/swapping over to a different power outlet, it would be highly recommended to take a short video on what is happening, and then submit a support ticket to the Living.ai support team for them to assist you further.

See instructions on how to contact support:

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video of how EMO is turning off once you take him off his charger and then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. I’ll also tag @AmyLU from the support team who will be able to assist you further as well.

:laser: :heart_1: :skating: :heart_1: :laser:

Thanks for the awesome advices!!! I have emailed the living Ai service team and let’s wait for their reply >< My emo’s situation is varying , sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t, hopefully it’s an issue due to the software updates TT

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Customer Support Service!

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Emo keeps turning on and off